TV output misbehaves...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV output misbehaves...

I really hope somebody can put their finger on this problem....*crosses fingers*
    system: MGA-G200, RRG, add-on tv-out module
    (AGP vid card, PII 400MHZ)

When "tv-out" is selected (for video games and such) picture clarity is good but the color is washed out...sepia, almost.

When playing back a vid file that automatically sends a tv-out signal (tv-out NOT selected) the picture is just horrible; jittery, streaks from right to left, poor clarity, color sucks...just terrible.

I've tried this direct to the TV and direct to a VHS and a Beta, using two different video cables...

Any ideas? (PLEASE tell me this is a driver problem, or just some incompatible selection I've made like color depth.. )

Thanks, and e-mail is welcome!

Gooshy

Did ever work ok? What was added or changed?

At worst I agree with Doc Mordrid- uninstall all drivers then reinstall with the latest stuff.

Richard

------------------
    Abit BH6; 300A@450; 128MB
    FastTrack66 dual KA 18GB; Marvel 200; MX300
    Abit BH6; 300A@450; 128MB
    FastTrack66 dual KA 18GB & dual Maxtor 27G 6800; Marvel 200; MX300

Comment

Well make sure that you are using 16bit colour depth for starters. You might get away with 32 bit but not 24bit.

from your description it sounds as if you are sending NTSC to a PAL device (or vice versa). If you had this on input I would be almost sure, but I've never heard of it on output

Comment

NTSC vs. PAL -
        I'm all NTSC, _but_ I've discovered my settings change randomly - I'll go to capture video and all my settings are different; once went to vid out, and was on PAL; this occurs in PowerDesk and MSPRO. (Not so much Video Editor, but vid capture won't remember settings at all.)
        So, maybe I've got a bogus setting somewhere; but where?
        (And to answer mrpc; no, the auto-output never worked right, while the selected vid out has always been passable)

Thanks again
        goosh

Comment

Working...
        X