Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOS problems

I have G200 and BIOS ver 1.2.
    When I try to flash my BIOS it sends me this kind of message: BIOS has been flashed 3 times and it stops.
    What can I do?

First, make sure you use UPDBIOS or similar command under Windows, not just "PROGBIOS" without any parms.

If PROGBIOS says it programs the BIOS and the BIOS stays at the same version on next bootupm, your BIOS may be locked. Go to my website for more details (address in profile).

Comment

Brit:

I believe that gbm may have posted incorrectly. What he should have said is, "make sure that you are NOT using those commands in Win9x."

Since a dos prompt in Win9x uses virtual memory addresses, very often you end up programming the "virtual G200," not the real one, and all sorts of weird/bad things can happen.

Bill
      People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

Comment

no i have used real DOS mode, and i have tried that other program for BIOS update - BIOSupdate from one polish author, but that doesnt work either...

Comment

Oops, I meant: run either UBIOSDOS from plain DOS prompt or UBIOSWIN (or something alike) under Windows.

I guess you meant BIOSPROG written by me (I am "Polish author"). If you are sure you supplied the parameters correctly, it looks like you have the infamous locked BIOS.

Comment

Damn!
            I guess i'l have to trade it for something like g400/g400 max

Comment

Working...
            X