Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the G200 share IRQ10 with a SCSI card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the G200 share IRQ10 with a SCSI card?

Is it O.K. if my Adaptec 2930c PCI SCSI card shares IRQ10 with my Millennium G200 AGP?

Not if you can help it. G200 really doesn't like to share that much, especially with something like a SCSI controller...(unless maybe it's only occasionally running a scanner or something)
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

The answer is a definitive "maybe." You just can't tell. Motherboards, BIOS, drivers - these all come into play. It's safest to make sure it's NOT sharing.

There are several ways to do this:

Some BIOS's have an option to manually assign IRQ's. Manually assign IRQ's to ALL your PCI devices.

Some BIOS's have the AGP and PCI slot 1 sharing the same IRQ. If this happens, try to place a PCI card that doesn't require an IRQ in PCI slot 1.

Some motherboards are stubborn. You may need to install the boards one at a time, and if that doesn't work, try installing them in a different order and different slots than the last time you tried.

Sometimes, the hardware combo that you have is too stubborn, and you just have to hope that "plug-n-pray" actually works.

Bill

------------------
      People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...
      People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

Comment

I'm using the SCSI controler with a Plextor 4220 CD-RW drive.

I Would love to be able to figure out how to reserve IRQ5 for my ISA soundcard (It NEEDS to be on IRQ5 to work) that way Whe the SCSI card would take over IRQ10 the video card would go to IRQ9 instead of IRQ5.
        The only reason I have the SCSI card and video card on the same IRQ right now is so that the sound works.

I'm oding a test butn right now and sometimes the display "lags" a bit. the mouse jitters and the letters don't appear on screen as fast as the should be.

Doh! Stupid ISA soundcard!

BTW: I'm using an Abit BX6 (original version).
        Would you know how to reserve IRQ5 for the soundcard and get the SCSI card on 10 and the video on 9 (instead of 5 which messes with the AWE64)?

Comment

Working...
        X