Max and Voodoo2 not compatible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max and Voodoo2 not compatible

I upgraded from a Permedia2AGP and Voodoo2 combo to a G400max (Yeah it came!!) and Voodoo2 combo. There seems to be some major driver head butting going on. Has any one else had this problem? any ideas?

Its almost like ones drivers overlaps the others.If I reinstall the drivers for card A then Card B is not working, Then vice-versa.

When I run any game (say Tribes) with the Max running I get a kernel error. I've deleted the drivers and re-installed.

aarrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!!

------------------

Hey Doc,

Your not alone, I got the same problem. Try downloading the newest drivers, if that doesnt work, try going back to the older ones.

I figured out a way to do it, but I just don't remember exactly what I did. When I do I'll let you know.

Comment

Mine works fine, haven't had any problems with both types of cards. I have an Obsidian2 in my system. Just be sure and remove all traces of drivers from your permedia card and use the Matrox uninstaller utility.

Paul

------------------
      PII450, SE440BX, 192MB PC100, MILL G400-32MB on BNC, Quantum3D Obsidian2 X-24 on D-sub, 21"Trinitron, SCSI CDR/RW, SCSI ZIP, USR Voice Faxmodem Pro(USB Ext) WN98
      and a (Very Messy Desk);oP

"Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Doctor,

I have a G400 with 2 V2 SLI and all is fine.
        Just follow the installation guidelines by matrox.
        I've installed the 2 Voodoo 2 before the G400.
        Voodoo2 have the 2.56 drivers, G400 5.13.
        Just be sure all previous 2D drivers are removed before installing the G400.

Nereid

Comment

Working...
        X