Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2000 drivers?

Hi,
    I've loaded Win2K but can,t install the Win 98 drivers. Should I use the latest NT4 drivers. I've loaded Win 2K on a spare HDD to play and tinker with. I don't really feel the inclination to upgrade for real now or for the forseeable future. All my hardware is PnP and all but the monitor are recognised by Win 2K. However, I'm not so sure about my programs.
    P2 448 MHZ, 256 RAM, 2X IBM Deskstar. G200 16 Mb. Win98/2K. 5.13 drivers

For now just use whatever drivers come with win2k. What build do you have? I know that from at least build 2000 onwards have g200 drivers built in.

Cheers,
    Steve

------------------
    Yeah, you know the score...
    (ICQ: 29468849)

Comment

You can get a beta win2K drivers if you register on dev rel.

Our win98 drivers aren't WDM so they won't work under win2k.

Haig

Comment

Haig, can you be more specific? I have Win2K as part of the CPP, not as an official beta tester. Where can I register to try
        beta drivers for Win2K? With matrox or with micro$oft?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

<a href="http://www.matrox.com/mga/dev_relations/home.htm">Here</a>. They are at alpha phase though. I didn't install them myself for that.

B

Comment

Are the drivers in the devl area the same one that came with the Win 2000 Release Candidate 1? Just wondering because the game dispaly ok but is hardly playble. (Though i am not complaining here cause I dont' really expect the drivers to work that well)

tia,
            destiny

Comment

Hi Burri ..
              other than win2k drivers ...are there any new beta drivers for win9x ? maybee 5.2x ?? available for dev rel too ?

------------------
              GigaByte 6BXE, celeron 300A@464, 128 PC100 RAM,
              G200 8 M SD @112.5 core. driver 4.51, bios 2.3.

GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

destiny,
                I don't know, but I think not.

arbymo,
                No.

B

Comment

Just wonder if anyone managed to install the nt drivers into win2000. i was talking to someone on IRC would use the update driver feature (with warning from win2k that it may not work) to install the nt drivers into win2k and now able to run d3d games in ok style (the win2k drivers bascially suck at d3d)

Comment

Just wonder if anyone managed to install the nt drivers into win2000. i was talking to someone on IRC would use the update driver feature (with warning from win2k that it may not work) to install the nt drivers into win2k and now able to run d3d games in ok style (the win2k drivers bascially suck at d3d)

Comment

Working...
                    X