Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am very happy with my new G400 but is there something i'm missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am very happy with my new G400 but is there something i'm missing?

I am very new to matrox products because I used to own a CL TNT card. This G400 dual head card is absolutely amaxing, I made sure to go thru my entire system and delete all the old nvidia drivers and when I installed the card I had the new 5.13.020/411.01.2110 drivers waiting so I never had to install the older version off the cd, I had no problems with install whatsoever but I know that on my tnt card I had to setup my card, setting the mipmaps,triliniar,antialaising,ect.. on this card it seems there are not to many things to adjust. I run the tech demo and everything seems to be on but is there any special settings you guys are setting up? One more thing is overclocking, I installed a nice big crystal cooler onto my heatsink so do you guys recommend the newest powerstrip for OC? if so what are you guys getting out of your cards? Thanks for any info on this.

Asus p2b(1009),P3 450,128mb pc100,G400 dual head,SB live,asus 50x,mitsumi cdr,ibm 10 gb,win 98
    Asus P2b(1011),P3 500,256 mb pc133,Matrox G400 DH,Asus 50x,Iomega zip,Mitsumi CDR,Ibm 20 gb hd,Promise ultra 66 controller,Sb Live,Win 2000 pro

I would recommend G200clk or G4set as an overclocker as you have far more control over options rather than just memory speed. Add the key ShowMeAllMatrox=1 in the registry and that will give you the advanced settings which give you a little more control of what is done, after that you have to hack the registry for other options.

Comment

Welcome to the wonderful world of Matrox!
      Always happy to see a new convert

There are not too many little tweaks in the PD utilities. The settings are handled through registry hacks. Visit the murc news page to keep up on them (not too many are known yet, but they are being figured out). They are available for download there.
      www.murc.ws

For overclocking, I prefer to stay as far away from PowerDtrip as possible. It does a piss-poor job of handling the clock divider on the G400. You usually end up underclocking the core if you push the memory beyond a certain point. I prefer G4set ot G200clk. Both are currently DOS based (gotta do from a command line...no sliders).

G200clk is at the same link as above, at the MGA Tools page.

G4set is at
      http://grafi.ii.pw.edu.pl/gbm/matrox/

Have fun

------------------
      P2-350(@103*4=412), Asus P2B(1009), 128meg PC100, MillG400 32meg(PD5.20.???), CL SB Live!Value, CL PC-DVD, Mitsumi CD-R, WD UDMA 8.4&6.4 gig, (2)USR 56k(multilinked), 3Com 905B-TX, etc...

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

ShowMeAllMatrox was a registry key for the PD4.xx drivers...it don't work on the PD5.xx drivers...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
        X