DVD Software with OEM G400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Software with OEM G400?

Anybody know if the Matrox DVD software is shipped with the driver CD and OEM G400?

I don't really want to have to get the retail G400 if all I really need from the software bundle is the software dvd... although Expendable would be cool to check out just for the bump mapping...

Dual Head 32mb G400's are due here in Aus end of next week...

Still waiting...
    Scythe.

Damn these double posts.

[This message has been edited by carlmeister (edited 07-07-99).]
    MSI K7Pro, Athlon600, 256 meg PC100, G400 SGRAM 32 meg single, Ensoniq Audio PCI, WD 13 gig HD, Plextor 40 max SCSI, Diamond Fireport 20, Yamaha 4x6 CD writer SCSI, Generic NEC2000 network card,
    Viewsonic E771 monitor Win98 SE

Comment

Yes the software is included on the driver disk. It's called "matrox dvd player" and no I haven't installed it, so I don't know how it works.
      MSI K7Pro, Athlon600, 256 meg PC100, G400 SGRAM 32 meg single, Ensoniq Audio PCI, WD 13 gig HD, Plextor 40 max SCSI, Diamond Fireport 20, Yamaha 4x6 CD writer SCSI, Generic NEC2000 network card,
      Viewsonic E771 monitor Win98 SE

Comment

It works great. Watched 'The Arrival' the other night full screen on my 17" monitor and it was just outstanding. Playback was very smooth no slow downs at all. Also outputed to TV via the 2nd video connection and the adapter cable.

Joel

Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

How is the DVD-Quality on the TV?
          How does the picture fit in the screen? Any unwanted black lines (except those big one's in anamorphic mode?)

Comment

The picture quality was very good and it fit the screen in your typical letter box format. No streching of the picture.

Joel
            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Put simply, the DVD quality is amazing. The picture on my TV was better than any video or broadcast picture I've seen on it. The colours were bright and vibrant, and yes, it does fit the screen really well. It is very adjustable too.

------------------
              Cheers,
              Steve
              It's Only A Graphics Card!
              (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

The DVD software on the OEM CD (and on the retail as well, I suspect) is Software Cinemaster with a different name. Fairly recent engine. I popped it in, upgraded the engine, cranked up DVD Region Selector, tweaked out all the settings, and WOOHOO!

- Gurm
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                If only life were as easy as you
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                If only life were as easy as you
                I would still get screwed

Comment

Hullo!

What's with Macrovision on the G400 (that thing that prevent's TV-out to be recorded via vcr?
                  It could work with a patch 1.28-enging from Cinemaster, I think!

Please let me know, guys!

------------------

c'ya,

Nico

...heading back to space...

Comment

Just got my oem G400 32mb dualhead from insight in the uk.
                    From this and other threads on the forum I understood that the dvd player was included on the drivers disc.
                    Could someone who has also bought an oem card confirm this as it does not appear to be on the driver disc that came with mine.
                    I might just be being thick not being able to find it but I don't think so.

Thanks in advance,

Dan.

Comment

My 32MB DH G400 came with the DVD software. Something called Divicore. Is your matrox cd blue?

Comment

Oh yeah, and mine is OEM. Its on the cd in the folder DvdPlayer. I can send it to you if you like. English version is like 9mb.

Comment

Hi rickT,

My cd is blue and has Matrox Installation CD at the top with the number 20041 just underneath it. It's label in win98 is Uni_cd5b but it hasn't got the Divicore software on it or even a dvd player folder, weird eh?
                          Anyway I would be grateful if you could enail it to me so I can see how good the dvd looks. Very pleased with the cards speed and the dual head is great. I was going to put it in a system i'm building for a friend at the end of August and upgrade to a max. But I think i'll just keep this!

Thanks for all the help

Dan.

Comment

Working...
                          X