Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firing Squad G400/Athlon

Nothing that "we" didnt know.

(Look at those 6000+ scores! The Athlon provides the muscle to push the TNT2 3D accelerator past a new threshold. The interested numbers however, are G400 performance. This is one 3D accelerator that has been known to be quite CPU limited. In our Millennium G400 review, you can see that upping the CPU from a Celeron 400 to a Pentium III 500 provided a big jump in performance for the G400. Taking this a step further, we can see that at all but the highest color depths and resolutions, the Athlon is powerful enough to take this 125/166MHz card and propel it to becoming a competitive product against "speed-optimized" cards such as the TNT2 Ultra. Just imagine how a G400 Max would perform!)
    Benches

Trainwrecker Computer Addicts

[This message has been edited by LAMFDTK (edited 07-16-99).]

MORE TOYS....WHERE'S MY ATHLON CPU WHEN I NEED IT???? If the 'vanilla' G400 runs that fast on the Athlon 600, imagine what a G400 MAX will do on a .18 Micron Athlon 700 w/ PC133 HSDRAM!!!!! Joy! Now all I need is money....

Jammrock

------------------
    PIII 540 (120 MHz x 4.5 - 540), 256 MB PC133 SDRAM, ASUS P3B-F, Winblows 98 SuckyEdition, 18 GB WD Expert HDD, Encore 6x DVD w/ Dxr3 decoder, (TEMPORARY!!!) Voodoo 3 2000 @ 175 MHz which will be replaced by a Matrox G400 MAX, Sound Blaster Live! full retail, MAG DX715T 17
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

And a new motherboard that will work with that sucker. Is there one?

Comment

That's what I've been wondering, too...If you go over to http://www.pricewatch.com , there are dealers listing the Athlon, but I guess the prices are just for the CPU alone (not a cpu/mobo bundle)? Which seems stupid since you can't just plug it in to your BH6...

------------------
        Holly

Who can now put her V2 in her roomie's PC, because now her own Soyo 5EMA, K6-2 333 not o/c, 256MB PC100 , Millennium G200 8MB SGRAM, Win98 works plenty good enough 'til she's saved the moolah for the G400/Athlon rig [drool, pant, drool... ]

[This message has been edited by motub (edited 07-16-99).]
        Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
        -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Working...
        X