Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enabling DV.analogue in on UK camcorders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enabling DV.analogue in on UK camcorders?

HI,
    now im all hunky dory and working , albeit without Turbo Gl grrrrrrrrrr :O(

im looking for anew vidcam to replace my recently deceased UC-9hi hi-8 cam
    (god rest its soul)

i have some hi-8 tapes around, but compatability isnt a big issue

but im thinking of a digital 8 camera and heres why...

I remember reading in Camcorder User that they enabled the dv in of a camera for a test or something using software bought from the Web. I went to the website they listed and sure enough there it was.
    on certain models of sony and panasonic digital camcorders, you could enabled the dv in by use of software and a lead that connects you pc to the camera that you buy for about $40 in total

now if i recall...
    (long post this, bare with me :O)
    Certain Digital 8 models (the trv110 i think)
    could enable analouge in as well

my only other option to get this feature would be the TRV900, but the difference is £700 v around £1800

So im leaning toward the D-8 cam that way i can captue at highest setting on my marvel, then output in SVHS back to the camera via the enabled input, cool huh

heres the problem... I CANT REMEMBER THE WEBSITE to double check on the tinkering software and see if its still available :O(

if anyone has any experience with this or knows anything about it, i sure would appreciate the help.. or would anyone like to comment on the general performance of the d-8 camera??? TRV110.

Thank you for reading.

CMB
    Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

http://www.datavision.co.uk/

Comment

Thank you,
      very helpful!!! :O)

id really like a TRV900 but then reality sets in and i realise i can afford a TRV110

lol

out of curiosity, anyone seen the TRV900 for less then £1575 (cheapest ive seen)?
      Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

Working...
      X