Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sick and tired of trying to get PD5.13 to work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick and tired of trying to get PD5.13 to work...

I have: removed,installed,formatted,reinstalled and basically tried everything to get these drivers to work on my machine properly but to no avail.I just do not get any matrox monitors setting in the advanced settings and have no way of altering my refresh rate above the default of 60khz which means instant headache after about a 1/2 hour.Before anybody responds with do this and look here I have tried every possible combination to rectify the problem with no success.I bought my G200 late last year for my SS7 system and am now regretting the purchase with the instabilities and basic lack of quality driver support that came with it.Open GL support out of the box - yeah right a whole 9 months later.When I look at this board most of the messages reflect problems that people have or are having with Matrox products be it G200's or the new G400 ( or lack thereof)Believe me I am not just having a rant I personally feel that Matrox have little or no time for the little man in the street but are more interested in supplying the large computer manufacturers first and making the fast buck.Customer support has been piss poor to say the least.My next board was to be a G400 but I will give that a miss due to my experiences with the G200 and get a board which is well supported and which you just need to install drivers at the click of a button and not do this and try that to obtain success.Once again this is not a rant but my personal feelings that have been building up over the last few months.

Peace to all

Mark

I don't know what you've tried... heck, i don't even have a G200. But i know with diamond... you couldn't just update your drivers... you had to switch to standard vga...reboot, and then install the new ones... essentially uninstalling your drivers to update them. Hope this helps.

Comment

I don't know what you've tried... heck, i don't even have a G200. But i know with diamond... you couldn't just update your drivers... you had to switch to standard vga...reboot, and then install the new ones... essentially uninstalling your drivers to update them. Hope this helps.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

i have the exact same problem (
                no monitor settings tab and no refresh over 60 !! see it at the other thread ..

------------------
                GigaByte 6BXE, celeron 300A@464, 128 PC100 RAM,
                G200 8 M SD @112.5 core. driver 4.51, bios 2.3.

GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

Actually, most of the people on here who "just can't make their cards work" are running Socket7 boards. These are inherently unstable. If you can't make a G200 or a G400 work in your machine with powerdesk 5 after a clean reinstall of Windows, then you most likely won't be able to make a TNT/TNT2 or anything else work either, except maybe a Voodoo3.

- Gurm
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

?????
                    what are telling here ??
                    this card and many others worked here very well .. the g200 worked in my system for months now with many drivers and bios releases ..
                    it's a PD 5.13 issue ...
                    also Haig stated correctly .. the jusmp from 4.x to 5.x isn't easy ..like 4.x to 4.x or 5.x to 5.x ...

------------------

Comment

I agree with arbymo
                      It cannot be a hardware problem as everything works fine with the PD 4.51 drivers but when you install PD 5.13 you get no advanced Matrox monitor settings and no way to adjust the refresh rate. My humble opinion definately a driver issue - Come on Matrox sort it out it is pissing us off!!!

Mark

Comment

so this make it 3 of us who have this problem untill now .. i hope someone from matrox read this and look at it ... Haig .. r u there ?
                        btw MarkSW try turn off ur monitor and load windows and then turn it on after windows finished loadin .. and see if this fix it

------------------

Comment

Hey Guys,
                          I could not get the 5.13 drivers to work with my G200 either. My problem seems to be with the G200 and not the drivers.

What does the adapter page in the advanced display settings show for the memory on your cards??? For my G200 with 16MB, 4.51 would show (16Mbits)and 5.13 would show (2MB) which means something is wrong with the memory on my G200. And as a result the 5.13 drivers would not recognize my g200 and the PowerDesk features were not activated. However 4.51 would work even though it showed an incorrect amount of memory. (16Mbits = 2MB)

I fortunatly avoided the reformat scene. And my G400 is working without problems with the 5.13 drivers.

Paul

"Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Hello, I just wanna say that my SS7 board
                            works fine for me combined with the g200.
                            I am using a DFI P5BV3+ (using MVP3) with
                            all the newest drivers and bios (motherboard and g200), although I think that the drivercombi VIA APG 3.3W and Matrox 4.51/4.33 works best for gaming at the moment with d3dwrapper for quake 1 and 2...

Greetings

PAIT

Comment

I also have flawless G200 SS7 combo.

Here is the setup along with driver revisions to help track down the problem.

ASUS P5A with Bios Rev 1007 http://www.asus.com.tw

Ali AGP driver 1.6 http://www.acerlabs.com

Ali 3.40 EIDE driver for that UltraDMA goodness.

Windows 98 SE (but I had no trouble with the original either.)

Matrox Millennim G200 AGP (bios 2.3, drivers 4.33m)
                              Matrox Rainbow Runner G-series (Video Tools 1.21)
                              Matrox DVD Add-on
                              Matrox TV-OUT

I am also using the PD5.13 but the Video Tools currently doesn't work with it. I just swap back to 4.33m when it's time for a video editing session. The Uninstall utility works pretty good for this.

Granted I have never operated in anything other than AGP 1X but that is in DIME mode accorging to Powerstrip. AGP transfers are really used for transfering textures from system memory to your video cards framebuffer. I know of no titles that strain AGP 1X DIME currently (Heck the TNT and most others only operate in the DMA mode even if they are running AGP 2x and that is not faster than AGP 1X DIME.)

I have been very satisfied with my SS7 and G200. Please make sure that you have the following for your system.

1.) Absolutely the latest revision of the BIOS for your system. This is were the biggest stability problems are solved.

2.) Latest chipset drivers for your Mobo. VIA for the VIA and ALI for the ALI, don't intermix.

3.) Latest IDE drivers for Mobo chipset, this can also make a difference, don't know why but it does for me.

4.) Use the PD5.13 uninstall utility for your drivers. Then follow the manual deletion of drivers, *.inf and registry settings. Have your system set as VGA (not SVGA as some suggest.) And then install the latest PD5.13 (Unless you use the RR-G series or DVD addon.)

Good luck!

------------------
                              Profound Runner,
                              (aka Willie)

Profound Runner
                              ---- aka Willie -------

Comment

Working...
                              X