Great news for EVBM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great news for EVBM

This is one of the first (may be the first) new chipsets that are implementing environmental bump mapping. This has be a concern for me to get such a cool feature and not get the support in the gaming world. But the more it is used the better it will become. Matrox has really spend the dough pushing the process into the spotlight. What we need now is support in the next round of careds.

SiS intros 128-bit graphics chip

Details about the SiS300 graphics chip have emerged.

Hardware site Fullon3D says the graphic product will be integrated into new versions of SiS core logic sets 630/450.

According to the site, which has prepared a set of benchmarks, the SiS300 is a standalone graphics chip which will supersede the SiS 6326.

The 128-bit chip will support up to 64Mb of 166MHz SD/SGRAM and also implements environmental bump mapping, in a similar way to Matrox with its G400.

The SiS300 will ship next month, and includes a range of DVD and video features, and different optimisations. ®

Trainwrecker Computer Addicts

Hmmm.. these are more like SiS Hardware forums stuff.. or General Hardware..

All the posts tend to end up here nowadays. Starting from that one guy's (whose nick I cannot remember) Windows installation and other problems..

It's never personal you know, LAMFDTK.

B

Comment

Oi! Theif! I posted that this morning <A HREF="http://forums.gagames.com/forums/Forum109/HTML/002167.html">here</a>

Heh heh, I win!

------------------
      Yeah, you know the score...
      (ICQ: 29468849)

Comment

I would call the following list a good start to support in the gaming world.

"Here's an updated list of games that will also include environment mapped bump mapping:

Expendable (Rage), Slave Zero (Accolade), Drakan (Surreal), PowerRender (Egerter), Pure3D engine (Radical), Evenstar: Senshi-no Shiken (DreamStone Entertainment), Carmageddon 3 (Torus), Descent 3 (Outrage), Speed Busters (Ubi-Soft), Fire & Darkness (Singularity), Dungeon Keeper 2 (Bullfrog), Rally Masters (Digital Illusions), BattleZone 2 (Pandemic), LithTech2 Engine (Monolith), Mars Maniacs (Church of Electronic Entertainment), Wild Metal Country (Gremlin/DMA), Rollcage sequel (Attention to Detail), Vampire: The Masquerade: Redemption (Nihilistic), Kick engine (Kick), Messiah (Shiny), System Shock 2 (Looking Glass), WarMonkeys (Silicon Dreams), Black & White (Lionhead), Dark Reign 2 (Pandemic), Ka-52 Team Alligator (Simis), AirRage (Infogrames/DID), Typhoon (Infogrames/DID), Wargasm squel (Infogrames/DID), Spirit of Speed (Broadsword), Sinistar Unleashed (GameFX), Test Drive 6 (Pit Bull Syndicate), Hostile Waters (Rage), Incoming Forces (Rage), Populous sequel (Bullfrog), Red Fury (Interactive Magic), Squa (Massive Development), Powerslide sequel (Ratbag Games), Test Drive: Le Mans (Eutechnyx), Rally 99 (Magnetic Fields), Star Trek: Armada (Activision), Max Payne (Remedy), SurRender engine (Hybrid), Mechwarrior 3 expansion pack (Zipper), Geneis3D engine (Eclipse), Spec Ops 2 (Zombie), Trickstyle (Criterion), Darkstone (Delphine), CORE engine (Orange Games), Pools of Radiance 2 (SSI), 3DRash engine (EA Canada), The Real Neverending Story (Discreet Monsters), Final Countdown (Sylynium)."

This was from a news article at MURC back on June 21, 1999.

Joel
        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Working...
        X