Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any1 preordered a MAX from Europe?

Hi,

I preordered a MAX from Matrox's online store and my reference number is EU130 aprox. .I was wondering if my placement in orders is a good one.. Can anyone tell what the number of the US orders was during June 7?
    Thanx
    PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

Pre-ordered it at a Dutch Matrox supplier...

So can't help you there

Jorden.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Hi,

I ordered on June, 3rd, which is definetly before 11th (umm, at least I think so ) and had no response so far, except that my credit card was charged. My order number is EU-49.

Cu,
      Jupp
      You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Comment

I have some good news, GD, but not the answer you were asking for.

Any European Pre-Order after EU-37 is automatically notched one place up the list, as that was my failed attempt to order a G400MAX. :-)
        My second attempt (once the credit card business was sorted out) was EU-166. :-(

As far as European/US order number comparisons go, it might not be an issue, as I've read postings around here claiming that at least some batches are either reserved for the US, or for Canada, or for Europe (I've not heard any other locations mentioned).

Comment

Hi,

I just called Matrox, and they said my cards will be in Dublin in one or two days, and that i then will be sent an email regarding shipping & handling ...

Ciao,
          Pelle

Comment

Pelle.. what's your order number????

I have number EU-84, and i don't know the exact order date anymore (i've already payd the creditcard bill though). all i remember is that i ordered one day after european ordering was possible.

could it be possible that my order is also soon in dublin???

if so that's a bummer, i'm leaving for spain for a 2 week holiday next monday...

hmmm, should i cancel my holiday :-)

Jorden you didn't order it at BSE didn't you????? (they are THE dutch Matrox supplier (according to matrox), but gave me a MILLG200 2 months after i ordered a MYSTG200 (i kept the MILL :-)

D.

------------------
            Celeron 300A@450,Abit BX6,128MB,8.4GB Maxtor,MillG200 8Mb B2.3 PD 5.13, SB PCI128, W98 DX6.1

Comment

Hey TheMorg, your number means nothing here: When I tried first to order the MAX, I got problems but the server gave me different numbers (I've tried 5 times before it worked...!) like EU-85,... and then the final one (112) which is my definitive # which work now.
              Moreover, a friend of mine was given number 10 (!!!) but he cancelled his order (!!! too). So now Matrox may have many holes in their list...

I've contacted them to know the situation and they said that the next batch will arrive next week and not this week as said before. They said too that the batch will be bigger, and that we should contact Matrox in mid next week, voilà!

------------------
              "Alouette poil à la casquette."
              Yop

[This message has been edited by Yop (edited 07-13-99).]

Comment

Hi,

my ordernumber was 8. I ordered a few hours after the store became avaible, since I tried the whole day after their email arrived stating that it would open "really soon now"

Oh, and they charged my card two days after I placed my order; perhaps this will help you figure out the date of yours ...

Why don't you just call them up? They're pretty friendly and helpfull, so give them a try: 001-877-6289669, open 15-23 CET.

And Yop, I do believe that the numbers mean something, because my first attempt went wrong, but I got the number 7. So when you had to try five times, their server was presumably under high load since others placed their orders, which would explain why the numbers went up during your attempts.

But you are right: there will be holes, but if you know that someone with a number lower than yours doesn't get his, you don't have to ask.

Anyway, gotta go learing.
                Ciao, Pelle

Comment

Pelle, the problem that I had came my credit-card, but when I tried with my father's card, it worked the first time.
                  Soory but I don't really understand very well english, so could you explain what you meant when you said "But you are right..." until "...have to ask."...??? ( )
                  You mean that I have no chance to get it in the next batch...? ...OH, I'm dying...!!!

Yop

Comment

Yop - you're certainly braver than I am when it comes to credit card ordering.

I didn't try to re-order until I had confirmation from Matrox that my credit card had not been charged, and that took 3 days. As it turned out, they HAD charged the card, but credited nearly all the amount back the following day.

If I'd had 5 attempts on the same day, my creddit card would have been debited by $1250 (about £800) temporarily!

I do hope there are plenty of holes in the queue. If we have to wait extra weeks for European batches to be allocated and then one more week for Dublin distribution, we'll be lucky to get cards by August!

Tim

Comment

Hey guys,

look what I just found in my inbox:

--->
                      Dear Valued Customer,

We are preparing to ship your pre-ordered G400 MAX board shortly. In order
                      to complete this order, we would need your authorization to charge your
                      credit card for the extra shipping and VAT charges (all amounts in USD):

G400, MAX $498.00
                      Shipping/ Hndlng: $ 41.35
                      VAT (21%): $104.58
                      ------------------------ ------------

Total charge: $643.93
                      Already charged: $498.00
                      Total to be added to your credit card: $145.93

Your order will not be shipped without written consent of this extra charge.
                      If you have any questions or comments, please contact us by e-mail or by
                      phone toll free at 1-877-MBUY-NOW.

Thank you for shopping at the Matrox Online Store!
                      <----

Ok, the good news is that the cards are in Dublin. But look at the VAT: 21 PERCENT. Now, i ordered two cards, but this all sums up to $320 per card, which is isn't exactly the same as $249 (but hey - it's on their website, so I can't really complain).

Especially when I look at the Dollar / Euro - exchangerate.

Please, fellow Americans: give your President someone to play with He'll get away with it anyway, but the Dollar will fall - which will help your exports as well as our imports. And do it FAST; I think you've only got 48 hours left until they charge my card. SCNR

Ciao,
                      Pelle

Comment

Yep this what I said exactely to a guy from Matrox consumer-service. I said that I hope to get my in september-october, but here he didn't answer to me.
                        I've noticed that if my mail is a bit angry (you know what I mean) they don't answer; when I say "angry" I don't mean full of "shit", "****", and others... No just what I really think (being considered a bit inexistant cause we live in Europe, but for charge our credit-card: no problem...!
                        And when I ask nicelly a question, then I get reply the same day...
                        For the pre-order, when I had problem, I was me too charged 5 times on my credit-card, but now everything is cleared (ouf...!) .

I'm think I'll cancel my order if I'm not in the next batch, or maybe buy a temporary video-card (!!!) like a TNT2 in order to see what my new monitor (a iiyama Vision Pro - 19'') and then return it to the shop when I get my MAX.

Yop

Comment

Oh just a note:
                          I typed the word "F-U-C-K" in my reply and it was deleted and replaced by "****"...!
                          Look! **** **** **** !!!
                          Amazing!

Yop

Comment

Working...
                          X