Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! Marvel g200 TV AGP update bios problam!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Marvel g200 TV AGP update bios problam!

HELP, I cant update my BIOS. I downlaoded Unified bios 104 and unziped it, ran ubioswin.exe, selected "Update bios", made the rescue disk as it asked, it said "Programing bios, Please wait" I waited, eventualy it said "Programed BIOS 3 times, You must restart for changes to take effect" I did, but everythign still says that i have my old bios (v1.3). Then I tried using ubiosdos.exe. Went to dos, (safemode command promt) switched to dir, ran ubiosdos.exe it asked to make a rescue disk i did, it said current bios was 1.3 bios on file is 2.6 do i want to update, i said yes, it said "Programing EProm" after a while said "Warning! Error cant write to eprom" and thats it. Still bios is 1.3! I am at a lose of what to try next, someone please help! My system specs are as follows:

p2 300mhz
    PC100 128MB ram
    Matrox Marvel G200 8meg AGP
    Diamond Monster sound (mx300)
    Creative 2xDVD
    Creative 4xCD-Rom
    5 gig fat32 partition

I have powerdesk 4.16.020(yes i know 5.15 is out but i seem to get better 3d performence with this one) installed in win98, I also tried runing the ubioswin.exe from safemode windows, nothign seems to work. Is tehre a jumper or something that makes bios read only? I cant use ubioswin or dos to change my dos tv out setting either.

WOW! The amount help from you guys is AMAZING, THANKS SO MUCH!

Comment

Don't quote me on this, but it sounds like you have a bad bios. I would call tech support and make arrangements for an RMA. I have seen this problem occur with two of my clients.

They had the bios either fail to update, or as in your case not upgrade or refuses to upgrade. You might be asked to try a tech support bios update, (I don't remember the version) it has a bug, that only affects some of the Marvels (this has not been confirmed by Matrox, it is only based on observation of clients and their problems). The bios that you might be given will wipe your serial number. The bios will be updated, but future attempts at any updates will fail. Worse yet, from what I have heard from some users, is that the bios could be wiped and the system will not boot.

So be careful. Contact Matrox as soon as possible.

Sab.
      Tim Barnes
      President
      Barnes and Associates
      Matrox Solutions Provider

Comment

Wow a real reply, Thanks Sab!

Comment

What's with the attitude????

Comment

Attitude? At first I was upset that over a month nobody offered any suggestions. Then Sab replied and I thanked him, sorry if it seems sarcastic, it wasnt intented to be. I thought the smily face was enough to indicate that.

Comment

Maybe no-one felt qualified to answer your original question.

None of us here are paid support staff, we help where we can and if we can't that's tough

No need to get shirty

Comment

This idiot, yes I am aware of that, thats why i said "suggestions" also thats why i replied to my own post so that it would go back to the top so maybe some people who didnt see it last time would see it. I didnt ask for imidiate answer to my problam either. No need to get shirty about that either.

On a totaly unrelated subject, I've seen some of your posts on this BB, you seem like a inteligent guy. Why give yourself a name like that? Dont mean to offend just wondering.

Comment

That one's easy, I wish they were all like that.

When I first bought my Mystique220/RR-S, I had loads of questions to ask and I felt like an idiot. Thing was, there was no-one to ask. I hooked up with the MURC but Ant hadn't any experience with vidcap either, so we started this site.

Sometimes it's like the blind leading the blind, other times there's an immediate answer

Comment

Working...
                  X