• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200 TV-Out module - Worth it?

Hi,

now that I finally got my K6-400 + G200 PCI
    + Toshiba SD-M1212 combination to play DVDs
    (with a software-only player that is), I wonder if this TV-Out thingie would be worth
    the buy? Someone wanting to comment?

Cheers,

GlowStars
    Still using a G200 PCI...

I just bought my TV-Out module and I'm really
    pleased with the results. I would not recommend working on the big screen, cause it might be hard work for your eyes. Watching movies, however, whether from your DVD or from the TV-Tuner is great. The quality is awesome. Plus, you can record anything on Videotape if you like. Imagine playing on a gaming session and recording the whole game.
    I can only recommend the module, but the choice is yours alone. I don't know how expensive it is wherever you live, so...

Comment

Save your money for a G400 (tv-out builtin)

The TV-out on G400 is resizable. It is not resizable on G200 and us G200 owners have to put up with a black rectangle around the picture (image does not fill the TV screen.)

I've read the tv-out on G400 is a bit sharper than that of G200 too.

Comment

I have a brand new boxed TV-out module if anyones interested.

Comment

Does the g200 TV-out get the correct aspect ratio when playing dvd movies. My tnt/mpeg2 card always has squeezed look when playing wide screen. So I want to dig up my g200 and add a TV-out...will it allow for adjustments of aspect ratio for TVs that don't support it. (63cm Orion)

Comment

Trav,
            How much do you want for it?

Comment

Working...
            X