Hehe! Check this out guys, q3arena on a Mill2! LMAO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hehe! Check this out guys, q3arena on a Mill2! LMAO

Ok, I'm getting tired of waiting my new graphics card so I decided to do a little playing around. I found Scitech's GLDirect program, which enables an openGL option through Microsoft Direct3D 6.0! So anyways, I figured what the hell, my Mill2 was listed under the compatable chipsets. Downloaded the 1.1MB wonder tool and put it to the test of fire: q3arena, a very OpenGL graphics accelerator driven game. On the setting of "Direct3D RGB Software Emulation" the program was a white screen, as was the same hardware equivelent. So I took a wild shot at pure sofware emulation of OpenGL. It worked! The default setting was like 640x480, and the sound was very choppy. Before I began a game I put down the res to the lowest setting, all graphics options set to low or off. Started a server, and boom! I was into the game. I bet ID Software never anticipated someone with a Mill2 to play arena!! heheh it was very slow, though. I was getting about 2fps by my estimation. Next I tried 1024x768: worked but at 1/7fps. Every 7 seconds or so I got a screen refresh. LMAO! It looked terrible on top of eveything else. Even at 1024 the shots I saw looked like a totally different game than what I saw on my roomate's ATI Pro. The screenshots didn't come out right, something about the driver I sure. Anyway, thought I'd share a little humor with you all while you wait for your cards.

-neo

------------------
    Asus P2B-F, 532MHZ Pentium II (4x133 at 2.4v), Global Win VEK12 hs/fan, 128MB Micron PC133, Maxtor 4GB, SB AWE 32, Creative DVD 2x, Mitsumi CDR 2x/8x, Sony Trinitron 17", Old Matrox Video Card, and a redhead with a pair of 36Cs (O/Ced to 38Cs)

Well, I'll say a little prayer for you tonight, cause when you try to uninstall GLD, you'll be screwed, and OGL won't work at all with any card any more
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Is it that bad Kruzin? That makes me a bit nervous about my new card. I shall try uninstalling it when the herc comes and we shall see.

-neo

------------------
      Asus P2B-F, 532MHZ Pentium II (4x133 at 2.4v), Global Win VEK12 hs/fan, 128MB Micron PC133, Maxtor 4GB, SB AWE 32, Creative DVD 2x, Mitsumi CDR 2x/8x, Sony Trinitron 17", Old Matrox Video Card, and a redhead with a pair of 36Cs (O/Ced to 38Cs)

Comment

It's not that bad, if you know what files it hacked up, and have an easy way to replace them (backed up copies, or from the CAB files on yer winblowz CD)

Oh, alright...I'll tell ya...It replaces the OpenGL32.dll and GLU32.dll files in your windows\system folder, and doesn't put the originals back when you uninstall it...have fun
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Kruzin, you woun't happen to know what files to unpack to fix open gl? i still have a problem. and i think i need to fully restore them. i made the mistake of downloading and trying to install win95 osr2 1.1 gl from microsoft. it didn't work. i then re laoded windows 98 but it still dosn't seem to be working with halflife.

------------------
          its here now only if avp worked. but hey mech 3 looks great.

noel

Comment

I listed those files in my previous post
            Off hand, I don't recall which CAB files they came out of, though.
            But if you reloaded 98, that should not be the prob (or did you just upgrade over 95?).

Comment

Working...
            X