No announcement yet.

where do i unpack opengl32 file ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do i unpack opengl32 file ??????

what cab is the open gl32 file in for windows 98 i forgot to replace them from icd beta installs.

------------------
    Waiting for g400 to show up, while i go slowly insane. I don't have a warped mind do i?

noel

Open a DOS box and go to c:\windows\system.
    Write:
    extract /a d:\win98\win98_02.cab opengl32.dll,

where d:\win98\win98_02.cab is the full path to the first cab-file on your installation CDROM,

and the file will be extracted to the right folder.

Actually, I don´t have win98 myself, but this is the way it works in win95 and I don´t think it´s any different in win98.

rubank

Comment

thanks i found it. opengl works now
      oh win 98 in the system tools folder has a nice utill called system file checker. it has an option to extract files from cabs just type a file name and click replace. it even puts them where they belong.

dual head rocks, ya just got my g400 retail and finished setting up multi monitor. ya baby.

------------------
      Waiting for g400 to show up, while i go slowly insane. I don't have a warped mind do i?

noel

Comment

Hey noel,
        I think it's time to change at least the first half of your sig.
        chuck

(formerly cjolley)

Comment

ya i noticed that too right after i posted that. thanks

------------------
          its here now only if avp worked. but hey mech 3 looks great.

noel

Comment

Even though this has already been solved, I though I'd mention that WinZip 7 can open .cab files just like .zip files. Very handy for Win95 people. There's another utility (I think it's part of Microsoft's Power Toys) that makes .cab files look like regular folders in explorer, that you can just open up and drag and drop and stuff.

That is all.

------------------
            Andrew Gallagher - agallagh42@yahoo.com
            Asus P2B-S, PII-350, 64MB PC100, MillG200 8MB, SBLive! Retail, Win98SE

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

agallag,
              you´re quite right.
              But if you don´t know in which cab. your file is hidden you´ve got some tedious work ahead of you. Doing it "my" way, all cab. files are searched automagically.

ps. I wouldn´t bother trying to drop anything on a cdrom-folder ds.

rubank

[This message has been edited by rubank (edited 07-13-99).]

Comment

Working...
              X