tech demo locks up ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tech demo locks up ?

help im running 5.13 drivers and the tech demo on the cd won't run? every thing else works fine 3dmark max fl mech 3 expendable ect.... but the demo won't work. any one know what is wrong ? oh open gl works fine too.

------------------
    its here now only if avp worked. but hey mech 3 looks great.

noel

Is the problem that it won't run at all, or that it hangs after you start it? If it just hangs, try hitting <Esc>. I've noticed that it takes a while to switch resolutions and that it just gives a black screen when it starts up (until I hit escape), but it runs fine after that.

Comment

ya it just seems to sit thire doing nothing
      thats normal? how long should it take?

------------------
      its here now only if avp worked. but hey mech 3 looks great.

noel

Comment

Yeah, it just sits there for a while with me, too. Give it about 10 seconds, then hit <esc>. That should take you to a menu for the demo. Click on the top choice (something like Demo mode) to start it up.

Just thought of one thing -- do you hear any music when you start it up?

Comment

I don't know if any of you guys know this, but there's a .cfg file in the techdemo directory?
          In there, you can turn off the menu so it goes straight into the demo, and also edit settings like screen res (800x600 is MUCH better than the default 640x480) and colour depth.

Cheers,

Steve

------------------
          Yeah, you know the score...
          (ICQ: 29468849)

Comment

Working...
          X