As Yoda said: "there is another"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As Yoda said: "there is another"...

As mentioned in AGN3D, the Voodoo4 will be unveiled on August 2nd. It'll have built-in S3TC :-)
    Great year for graphics...

And we on the MATROX USER forums care because why....?
    Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
    -Jay Bulworth

Comment

"As for the Next Generation 3dfx product, I do not think any of us can be disappointed. The thing that comes to mind is true Toystory quality rendering, with the right SLI combination."

Sounds like one helluva card, since one frame for Toystory took 2-20 hours of rendering. Boy, is this industry taking big leaps or what!

B

Comment

But of course they don't actually mention how fast this Voodoo 4 will render them

B

Comment

motub,

I've been waiting for the G400Max and was hoping to get it mid-July before I could find out what's coming w/ Voodoo4 and the TNT3.
          Knowing the Voodoo4 unveiling date is August 2nd and the Maxes won't be available until September gives me a chance to re-evaluate (and possibly wait again)-: I thought others might have the same consideration.

Comment

The MAXs are shipping now, as with any new product it takes a time to get production up to full speed and the damand for the MAX seems to be so high all initial runs are already sold. Matrox have denied that September is an official release date.

Comment

kenyee:

Sorry if I was rude. And I do agree that it's a great year for graphics (or a horrible year if you're an inveterate upgrader determined to get the most bang for the fewest bucks with the most longevity).

I confess to being a loyalist. I (like you, I guess, and so many others on this board) have invested a lot of blood, sweat, and tears in our Matrox cards. These fori are a tribute to our stubborn committment to realizing the promise of the cards we bought. [cue music] Many of us didn't have the strength to stay the course, but those of us who did are finally starting to see the payoff(s).

If you were just saying "screw it, I'm getting a V4," that would be one thing. But I gotta admit that posting this seems like a general call for defection, and it annoys me. Kind of a lot. I go to Sharky's or Anand's boards (or at least "General Hardware"!) to talk about other cards, or cpu's or non g200/400 stuff. Not here.

But that's just my opinion. Like I said, I'm a loyalist. I don't mean anything against you personally, and I hope you don't take it that way.

------------------
              Holly

i'm not perky, but i'd like to be...

Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
              -Jay Bulworth

Comment

I would think that healthy discussion about new video cards would be accepted here. After all we all want the best card we can get. You speak about defection as if there is some matrox nation we all must obey

-neo

------------------
                Asus P2B-F, 532MHZ Pentium II (4x133 at 2.4v), Global Win VEK12 hs/fan, 128MB Micron PC133, Maxtor 4GB, SB AWE 32, Creative DVD 2x, Mitsumi CDR 2x/8x, Sony Trinitron 17", Old Matrox Video Card, and a redhead with a pair of 36Cs (O/Ced to 38Cs)

Comment

Actually, it's not a nation, it's a church. Did you pray to the big M this morning?
                  Matt

------------------
                  Yes, I am serious and don't call me Shirley

Comment

motub,

Where can we talk about G100 then? Matrox m3D, huh? If I want to talk about Mystique 220 can't I do it in Matrox Hardware forums??

eh?

B

Comment

Yeah, course you can - we use G100s at work - no probs at all, and I still use my Mystique 170 too!
                      Hey - I want an OGL ICD for my mystique 170, and I want it yesterday!

------------------
                      Cheers,
                      Steve
                      It's Only A Graphics Card!
                      (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

Good heavens, you guys, chill out! I said in several different ways that I was expressing a possibly irrational, emotional opinion. In more modest tones, ultimately what I meant is that I think discussion of new vidcards belongs on General Hardware.

Sorry for disrupting your thread, kenyee. I was just trying to answer you more politely, but no less honestly, than I did before. I didn't realize I was giving these knuckleheads (bless their hearts ) a chance at an easy dogpile.

Holly
                        Holly

-Jay Bulworth

Comment

Holly,

Getting emotional and irrational on us? You're not pregnant are you? I only say this cause my wife's (mood) swings are knocking me off my feet.

:-)

Wil

Comment

HEY!!!

When you guys start posting with emotions, what's that from? Sheer stupidity or lack of sex?

Comment

ROFLMAO

Pauly
                              "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
                              X