Release of Powerdesk 5.20.xx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release of Powerdesk 5.20.xx

Do these drivers offer an increase in speed on the G400? Some Matrox rep. on the newsgroups says it speeds things up alot.
    PIII 700@960, Asus CUSL2, Adaptec 29160, 2x Seagate Barracuda 18.2GB, SB LIve!, 3COM 3C905TX, 256MB Muskin Rev. 2 PC133 at 2-2-2, G400MAX soon the be replaced with ?.

40% increase in openGL is suppose to be in the latest ICD

Comment

What new drivers? where? which newsgroup?

Too many questions....

Regards,

Jake
      Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
      ----------------------
      Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

There has been no public release of 5.20. They are in beta testing, but I wouldn't be holding my breath for them

They do give a very good boost to OGL. 40% is overstating it. Some may see that, but I think 15-20% is a far more realistic expectation. Your mileage may vary

------------------
        P2-350(@103*4=412), Asus P2B(1009), 128meg PC100, MillG400 32meg(PD5.20.???), CL SB Live!Value, CL PC-DVD, Mitsumi CD-R, WD UDMA 8.4&6.4 gig, (2)USR 56k(multilinked), 3Com 905B-TX, etc...

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Well, I was just going by what Jeremy at AGN3d said. He mentioned something about a 40% increase

The 5.13 ICD is buggy. Matrox needs to save face and get a good ICD out real fast. Having a couple beta testers using one doesnt do much to help its reputation in the area of openGL

Comment

Oh yeah, and Matrox now has some issues in their drivers with Celeron users as well.

Comment

Bigs yeah tell me about it, my machine crashed playing a game a few minutes ago, and now everytime I boot up my video is trashed, used their uninstaller, same thing, corrupted video with fresh install of 5.13 drivers, now im back to standard VGA mode til I can find the time to reformat and reinstall. THis is the second time these drivers have screwed my system. Oh well, maybe 3.20 will fix this bug.
              PIII 700@960, Asus CUSL2, Adaptec 29160, 2x Seagate Barracuda 18.2GB, SB LIve!, 3COM 3C905TX, 256MB Muskin Rev. 2 PC133 at 2-2-2, G400MAX soon the be replaced with ?.

Comment

Are these 5.2x drivers G400 only or does
                the G200 benefit from them too?

[This message has been edited by GlowStars (edited 07-10-99).]
                Still using a G200 PCI...

Comment

I certainly hope powerdesk 5.2 can work with my system. 5.13 certainly cannot. I even reinstalled my system twice from scratch (deleted Windows and Program Files dirs) and still I get a problem where the display looks fine until I press any input button at which time two smaller screens kind of become superimposed. I wonder if that has anything to do with bus mastering turned on. My machine locks up and otherwise behaves strangely whenever bus mastering for G200 is on with PD 4. Of course, I have no way of checking as the display is unreadable. Using the uninstaller does not help. I am pissed.
                  These same drivers fixed serious problems on my cousin's PII 400.
                  My configuration is as follows.
                  FIC VA-503+ with 1 MB cache
                  AMD K6-2 300 (3x100)
                  96 MB EDO DRAM 60ns
                  IBM 10 GB 5400 rpm HD
                  CyberDrive 24X CD-ROM
                  AOPEN CRW9420 CDR/RW drive firmware 1.20
                  Matrox Millennium G200 8 MB SGRAM AGP
                  Creative Labs Soundblaster Live! LiveWare 2.1
                  AverMedia TV98
                  ISA NE2000 compatible network card.
                  Win98 Second edition
                  [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                  Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                  Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                  Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                  Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

By input button you mean just keyboard or also mouse?

What's LiveWare 2.1? All I could find is what they call 2.0.. (<a href="http://www.cle.creaf.com">Creative Europe</a>)

Oh, found it. <a href="http://www.soundblaster.com">Here</a>.

B

[This message has been edited by Buuri (edited 07-10-99).]

Comment

rickT - Believe Jeremy if you want. I gave my more realistic opinion, after having used the drivers for some time. If you want to get your hopes up because of what one guy said (which was undoubtedly fed to him by Matrox MR), go right ahead. Just don't come around whining when you expectations are not met.

As far as the ICD being buggy...of course there's bugs...it a BETA! If it was in perfect shape, they'd release it.

Glowstars- The 5.20 drivers I've been testing have support for all Matrox cards back to the original Millenium. I don't know if all of those cards will be included or not when the drivers reach release form. (5.13 had drivers for all the cards in beta form, but when they released it, it only went back to G100)

DentyCracker- If you had problems with BM before, you'll probably still have it. Video drivers won't usually fix a problem with a mobo (and that's most likely where the BM problem is coming from). I have posted a registry file that will disable busmastering. D/L it, go into safe mode, double click on it to load it into your registry, and reboot. Hopefully it will help...
                      www.xplorenet.com/~hti/pd5-BM-off.reg
                      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

DentyCracker,

I have to agree with Kruzin. You will discover, as time goes on, that NO MODERN VIDEO CARD will work with your AMD board. It's not the chip, it's the chipset (from ALI or VIA) that is badly broken. Current cards that just don't work with ALI and VIA:

ATI Rage 128
                        ATI Rage Pro
                        nVidia TNT
                        nVidid TNT2
                        Matrox G100
                        Matrox G200
                        Matrox G400

Cards that DO work (to the best of my knowledge):

3dfx Voodoo3/Banshee (not real AGP anyway)
                        Savage3D
                        Savage4

I'm not saying they will NEVER EVER work, I'm just saying that 99% of the people you see in here with massive problems have one of these chipsets. Sorry!

- Gurm
                        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                        If only life were as easy as you
                        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                        If only life were as easy as you
                        I would still get screwed

Comment

EXCUSE ME.

I said

"Well, I was just going by what Jeremy at AGN3d said. He mentioned something about a 40% increase

The 5.13 ICD is buggy. Matrox needs to save face and get a good ICD out real fast. Having a couple beta testers using one doesnt do much to help its reputation in the area of openGL "

and you responded..

"As far as the ICD being buggy...of course there's bugs...it a BETA! If it was in perfect shape, they'd release it"

Your the one who is confused, not me.

Comment

Yes, I was confused. You shifted from 5.20 to 5.13 in the same post, and I missed it. The topic was about 5.20, so that's what I was thinking of. Sorry for being human

Comment

Gurm,
                              Sorry if you don't know how to set up a video card, but a lot of other people do. My G200 works quite well in both Linux and Win98. I've heard plenty of TNT successes, and I know there are many others here using a SS7 w/ their Matrox card.
                              And hey, if the board's defective, return it. I got mine exchanged w/o difficulty.

Wombat

------------------
                              503+ rev 1.2a, 128MB PC100 RAM, K6-2/350@400,RH6 & Win98,G200 Millenium (SGRAM), no plans to buy a G400

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X