Buyer with a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buyer with a question

After a great deal of research through the Internet, I had narrowed the choices for a new, top-of-the-line graphics card to either a TNT2 or a Matrox G400 MAX. The clear winner in the TNT2 race became the Hercules Dynamite TNT2 Ultra; mostly because it was blazing fast. However, Matrox's features, image quality, and speed won out, and I have decided to buy one.

Before I do, I just wanted to know if it is possible to overclock a G400. I know the Hercules comes with an easy control panel for doing that, and I was wondering if Matrox or a third party provided such a thing for the G400. Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes, it can be overclocked. There are several 3rd party utils that will do it (Powerstrip, G200clk, G4set). Most people have had good luck with regular G400s (getting near or at MAX speeds), but the MAXs aren't in the overclockers hands yet (ppl should start getting them this week), so we don't know how well it will do yet...

------------------
    P2-350(@103*4=412), Asus P2B(1009), 128meg PC100, MillG400 32meg(PD5.20.???), CL SB Live!Value, CL PC-DVD, Mitsumi CD-R, WD UDMA 8.4&6.4 gig, (2)USR 56k(multilinked), 3Com 905B-TX, etc...

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I picked up a OEM DH 32MB G400 from allstarshop for $165. It can overclock to 145c/194m. Im sure the core could go higher, but due to the way matrox sets core and memory my memory really can't go any higher.

Comment

Working...
      X