Need some help with G400 antialiasing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with G400 antialiasing

I finally got the bloody thing working. I went back to the 4.whatever drivers included on the CD (4.11?). Also had to reformat and reinstall Win98. What a joy.
    Anyway, I finally got Quake 2 working..and its eems to run pretty decent (39 FPS @ 1152x864). Only problem is, edges in all games (not just Quake 2 based stuff) are horribly jaggy. I would think this has something to do with antialiasing, but what the heck do I do to fix it? All the eye candy in Mechwarrior kinda is cancelled out by the ugly jaggies.
    Anyone have any ideas?

--
    Cel 448/128MB/MX300/G400
    Games Box
    --------------
    Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
    ------
    Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
    -------------
    Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

If what you describe is truly abnormal, anti-aliasing isn't your problem. Granted, it would certainly improve the quality, but at tremendous cost. No-one really does anti-aliasing. They all support it but it's a worthless feature: rendering in a higher res and then down-sampling is even more intensive than actually just running at higher resolution. So-called edge-anti-aliasing like that supposedly on the voodoo3 is not implemented in any games at all (the code is said to be very difficult to implement). The only games I've seen to do full-scene anti-aliasing are Rollcage and Populous 3. Enabled they both slow to a crawl on my TNT. You shouldn't have to implement anti-aliasing to get standard picture quality. So in summary I can't help you at all.

Comment

Working...
    X