Advice on upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on upgrade

I am hoping some of you with newer Matrox hardware can be of some assistance to me.

I am currently using the original Millenium in a system I upgraded recently (yes, I know, I'm really behind). This card made me a real Matrox fan, however, and wish to purchase another Matrox product. I have some concerns, however.

My motherboard, an Iwill XA100Plus, runs an ALI chipset, and I have read about some problems with this MB and newer Matrox cards. It runs my original Millenium quite happily, tho. I do have an AGP slot available. I have heard that the ALI AGP driver has been recently update to take care of this problem. Can anyone comment?

Also, considering that 2D is more important to me than 3D (although an occasional 3D game is not out of the question), and I am running on an AMD K6-II (3DNow) 400mhz, what product would you recommend? I am not interested in tv output, but would like to run DVD movies on the PC. My OS is Win 98.

I am willing to wait for the G400 Max, no problem, but am not sure my system would really utilize the card's power.

------------------
    lady400

If your mainly into 2d and a real light gamer, get the G400 16mb dual head. It will serve your purposes quite well. Your system will not utilize the MAX so save your bucks if you don't need the power.

Comment

Working...
    X