To Haig and the Beta Boyz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Haig and the Beta Boyz

Can you confirm G400 and Aliens vs Predator compatibility, I can't get the game to work at all with the G400.
    My system details:
    Celeron 450A
    128 MB PC-100 RAM
    A-Bit BH6 Mobo
    SB-Live! Value
    Matrox Millennium G400 16MB OEM

Have you had anyone else having problems with the G400, I can't get it to go at all!
    The game itself launches fine, all Video sequences run fine, but when it switches to Hardware mode, all text (I assume its text!) displayed during the loading screen is replaced with white rectangles, and when loading is complete, the text line "press any key to continue.." is a white rectangle! If I do press any key, all textures are replaced with white rectangles of various sizes and shapes, I can't see anything at all, but sound is OK. If I press escape, I get the menu options, but all letters are replaced with tiny, you guessed it! white rectangles. I can arrow up to the bottom choice, and press "enter" to leave the game, back to the pre-game menu, and everything looks fine.
    When selecting Video resolution and Colour depth, the video card description (Matrox Millennium G400) is correct, and I can select all options up to .1280X1024X32BPP
    I have already tried the following rather exhaustive series of tests:
    I installed the latest patch
    I re-installed DirectX from the AvP CD
    I left the CD tray open while starting the game
    I altered desktop resolution and colour depth all the way from 640X480X16Bpp to 1280X1024X32Bpp, testing the game at every step, also trying the game from 512 res 16Bpp, with all features off, right up to 1280X1024X32BPP, with all features enabled.
    I un-over clocked my Celeron, running at a miserable 300MHz
    I stopped all other running apps
    I altered AGP aperture to 16Mb, down from 64Mb
    I downloaded the cleancih file, and ran that (Getting desperate now!)
    Re-installed AvP from scratch (about 5 times)
    I had defragged before installation.
    I have the latest G400 drivers (5.13)
    errr... HEEELP!

I do not have the game myself. R0M is the man who knows about these game issues. He answered your thread in the gaming forum.

http://forums.gagames.com/forums/For...ML/000626.html
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Like i said it will be fixed in an upcoming patch from Fox.

------------------
      "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

"The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

OH, you mean ANOTHER patch, I thought your last response referred to the last patch!
        Any idea of a time-frame fopr the release?

Comment

Working...
        X