thoughts on modifying the G400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts on modifying the G400?

My vanilla G400, single head is arriving on Tuesday. Cost me $150 at allstarshop.com. I already have the latest drivers saved to disk along with g200clk. Wondering what the cooling on the card is like. Is the heatsink adequate or should I get a new heatsink? If I get a new heatsink, any thoughts on how to attach it? What kind of fans are you guys using, and how do you attach those? screws or what? Thanks

Mattias Lindgren

If your gonna o/c it, you will definatly need a fan. I have an old 486 fan (same one I had on my G200) attached with it's original screws. You shouldn't need a different heatsink, unless you need a low-profile one. Overclocked, with the fan, mine barely gets warm (but WAY hot without the fan)
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I have a huge 80mm fan blowing on mine. Works a treat, although it might be worth investigating some method of cooling the back side of the card as that gets hotter than the heatsink.

------------------
      Cheers,
      Steve
      It's Only A Graphics Card!
      (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

Working...
      X