future chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• future chips

In a couple of months we should see the next-gen chips, like V4 and Riva3/NV10. The question is how good these chips will be and if it is worth to pay for a G400MAX now?
    Will 3Dfx be able to do something really good with V4 or is it just a fast hack to get 32-bit rendering, a fixed V3? If 3Dfx is to survive, they have to do something really good with Voodoo4.
    Will Matrox be able to keep up with Nvidia and 3Dfx, or does MAtrox thinks that G400 is good for 1.5 years, G400 is very good today but in 6 months it will not be so good anymore..
    I think G400 came too late to be a really success, but I may be wrong..who knows?

However, I hope dualhead becomes standard on all gfx-card in the future, it is a really good feature.

------------------
    -[MAxie]-
    P2/448, 128Pc100, 16 GB IBM HDD, G200, V2, Sb Live!, Eizo T57S 17", MS Gamepad, 4xDVD, Adaptec 2940UW, Ricoh CDRW

-maxie-

Hi, just a quick note.

I really don't think that Nvidia or 3DFX will release there next gen chipsets anytime soon, The earliest I suspect will be 1st quarter 2000 probably around Feb or March.

The current chipsets hav'nt reached the profit level for Nvidia and 3DFX for a simple reason their still new.

Even if Nvidia and 3dfx releases their chipsets in 6 months I don't think they will beat the G400 Max by much especially in the visual quality and 2D speeds.

Hey just think about this for a minute...
    by the time V4 or Nv10 become available we will have PIII 600's in our PC's that'll run Quake 3 at 150fps on the G400 Max
    (ok by then Win2000 and RDRAM PIII coppermine,AGP4X) all will play a roll in enhancing the speed of the G400 Max.

Regards,
    Elie

Comment

Working...
    X