Large captures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large captures

Is there any way to bypass the 2GB limitation during recording? Is there any program that does this on the fly so that I don't have to lose frames when changing files? I can only fit about 5min into 2GB, so having 12-13 2GB files for an hour long show is not my idea of a fluid capture...
    Thanks in advance for your help guys.

RBryant
    RBryant

Tyan 1952DLU Thunder X
    2 PIII Xeon 500Mhz (512k)
    1 512MB ECC PC100 DIMM
    Adaptec AAA-133U2
    3 18 GB U2W Cheetahs
    Jaz 1GB
    UltraPlex40Xmax CDROM
    PlexWriter 8/20 CD-R
    Pioneer 6X DVDROM
    G400 Max
    Rainbow Runner-G
    Obisidan X-24
    ViewSonic P815
    SBLive!
    Cambridge Soundworks 5.1
    3COM 3C905B-TX
    Addtronics 7896 w/12 Fans
    Mitsumi Wireless RF Kbd
    Logitec Opt. Wheel Mouse
    1.5M/256k ADSL
    Trusty Ol' Floppy

I use avi_io to capture everything I do with my Rainbow Runner. It can be found at
    http://www.nct.ch/multimedia/avi_io/

There are no frame drops between the sequentially captured clips with this program, and they can all be laid back to back into the timeline on your editor, and played back out to tape without a glitch.

Comment

I'll second, third and fourth what Jeff B said about AVI_IO. It's only the best serial capture program going. I do 99% of my captures with it.

About the only captures where I don't use AVI_IO are stop-frame animations or time-lapse sequences. For these I use the VidCap program that's included in the Microsoft OnLine-Producer package (free).

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by DrMordrid (edited 02 November 1999).]

Comment

AVI_IO works geat except for one small problem... how can I get it to come up with the line-in as the audio source instead of being turned off? It seems that everytime I run AVI_IO, no matter how many times I do a test capture and save settings, I have to goto video/source and change it from one thing to another to get the audio to come on. It doesn't seem to matter, but I usually change it from TV to line and then back again if I want to record from TV, and vice-versa if I want to record from line. I figure this could be a problem if I want to do unattended captures like a VCR. Other than that, I really like AVI_IO it is much more precise. Thanks for you help guys.
        RBryant

Tyan 1952DLU Thunder X
        2 PIII Xeon 500Mhz (512k)
        1 512MB ECC PC100 DIMM
        Adaptec AAA-133U2
        3 18 GB U2W Cheetahs
        Jaz 1GB
        UltraPlex40Xmax CDROM
        PlexWriter 8/20 CD-R
        Pioneer 6X DVDROM
        G400 Max
        Rainbow Runner-G
        Obisidan X-24
        ViewSonic P815
        SBLive!
        Cambridge Soundworks 5.1
        3COM 3C905B-TX
        Addtronics 7896 w/12 Fans
        Mitsumi Wireless RF Kbd
        Logitec Opt. Wheel Mouse
        1.5M/256k ADSL
        Trusty Ol' Floppy

Comment

RBryant

Could you e-mail me? I would like to dig into your problem to solve it.

Markus

Comment

Working...
          X