G400 and Power Management lockup!??!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 and Power Management lockup!??!

Everytime my system goes into low power mode (turns monitor off and hard drives off) it locks up and I have to reset & reboot to get it back. Is this a known problem G400 and PD5.13??? Or am I just a lucky one??

Celeron 457 (83x5.5), 64 Meg RAM, Abit BX2 R2 motherboard, win98, G400 DH 32Meg.

I have the same problem - I also have an Abit BX6r2, a G400 DH 32mb, I'm guessing it's a win98 prob.

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve
    It's Only A Graphics Card!
    (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

I didn't have this problem with 4.51 and G200. Though, it was a problem with some of the earlier G200 drivers. That makes me think it's related to the matrox drivers some how.

Comment

I turn all Power Management off, cause it's just a PITA. When you walk away from your computer just turn the monitor off.. that's my power management.

Comment

i haven't had a motherboard with power management yet that would work with microsoft windows with out screwing something up. don't use it. just turn your monitor off. oh this includes 95 a 95 b 98 / fic pa2012 pa2013 r2
          abit bh6 plus some older boards that i dont remember who made them. also difrent video cards, s3,3dfx, nvida, trident,matrox ect.

only thing i have ever seen power management work right on is a laptop.
          ------------------
          Waiting for g400 to show up, while i go slowly insane. I don't have a warped mind do i?

noel

[This message has been edited by merchant2 (edited
          07-09-99).]

[This message has been edited by merchant2 (edited 07-09-99).]

Comment

I have no problem with APM. I have it completely disabled in my BIOS, and let windows alone manage it. Monitor will go on standby after 40min, HDDs shut off after 1 hour, system standby after 2 hours. Never locks up on me.

If I enable a single APM option in the BIOS, all goes to hell

------------------
            P2-350(@103*4=412), Asus P2B(1009), 128meg PC100, MillG400 32meg(PD5.20.???), CL SB Live!Value, CL PC-DVD, Mitsumi CD-R, WD UDMA 8.4&6.4 gig, (2)USR 56k(multilinked), 3Com 905B-TX, etc...

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

P2B 1009 bios here w98SE
              Same deal here as Kruzin same exact situation

Trainwrecker Computer Addicts

Comment

Perhaps this will help

"Although Microsoft's Windows 98 Second Edition was released in order to fix
                known bugs in the Windows 98 operating system, the SE update has already been
                revealed to include at least one bug of its own, albeit a rather minor one.
                "Windows 98 Second Edition may hang when the machine is being suspended,"
                according to an alert Microsoft posted on its Web site. According to the alert,
                a typo in one of the file paths used by the operating system causes the system
                hang, requiring a reboot."

Regards,

------------------
                "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

"The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

My experience with CMOS BIOSs ... even Award offers two types: "APM user defined/min/max/disabled" ... and ... "APM on/off" together with "PM managed by APM". I have fewer problems with the latter type ... APM disabled, and PM managed by APM enabled.
                  Unfortunately I see more of the former type ... and I have problems with the computers not waking out of standby ... I considered a problem with my cheapp VC's drivers (G400 on back order)

Comment

Working...
                  X