Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having Problems with PD5.15 and OpenGL ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having Problems with PD5.15 and OpenGL ?

Try the following: <A HREF="http://www.berkelium.com/OpenGL/sgi-download.html"target=_new>OpenGL® for Windows® by Silicon Graphics</A>

And please give some feedback if it cures the problems ... thanx

------------------
    Cheers,
    Maggi

Asus P2B-S @ 112MHz FSB * Celeron300A @ 504MHz
    Heavily boosted by the Millenium G400 32MB SGRAM DualHead

Hi Markus!

What's the deal with this OpenGL by SGI package. I downloaded it, but as my PD5 sort of works except for a bug with icons that move, I'm not going to do an uninstall of it and install this, unless it's nessecary.

Could you please explain what this package does and why we would want to install it.

And what this with PD5.15 I only see 5.13 for download?

Regards,

Jake

[This message has been edited by Jake (edited 07-02-99).]
    Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
    ----------------------
    Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

I have nfi wot it is but ill try anything =) maybe it might get quakeworld working..

Comment

Hi Jake,

basically it is a late revision the OpenGL implementation for windows, done by the inventor of OpenGL (SGI).

I personally trust SGI more than MicroSoft ...

You'd only need the libraries of that SDK.

I cured a lot of problems back when I was using the beta2 ICD and I think it could help with this build also ... I use it at home anyway.

------------------
        Cheers,
        Maggi

[This message has been edited by Markus Selchow (edited 07-02-99).]

Comment

Anyone who is having problems with PD5 should make sure that one's motherboard BIOS is up to date as well as the AGP driver supplied by a respective motherboard manufactorer. Do this before complaining in here or contacting Matrox support.

Just worrying for their mental health under supposedly tons of complainings arriving at all times.

B

------------------
          Excel 7.0, Winamp 2.23, Adobe Acrobat 4.0, QuickTime 4

Comment

maggi--- whats up with the 5.15? why did we get 5.13?????? does 5.15 have uninstall????

Comment

LOL

I guess I was still a bit tired when I posted ...

I meant 5.13, of course ...

Sorry for that.

------------------
              Cheers,
              Maggi

Comment

Burri, I think some of us have that much sense. But thanks anyway.

Comment

burri, you seem to know what you are talking about, what are you using to oc your g200? i cant get anything to work.

Comment

ok .. now i installed this file and got the following in the windows\system directory ..
                    opengl.dll and glu.dll ...
                    should i rename those to opengl32.dll and glu32.dll and replace the original files from microsoft ??
                    btw maggi . i remeber u posted a custom autoexec.cfg file for quake 2 .. but i lost it .. .. anyone remeberes what thread was it ??
                    another question .. how one can do that timedemo in quake 2 ?? and should i disable sound or anythin else ?? if yes .. then how ??
                    thanx for the info guys ..

GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

that guy,

Sounds like you haven't read those "4.51 drivers are not working. BTW I have 1.2 BIOS" questions..

(I can't remember if there ever was 1.2 for G200 but that was just to make the point)

B

------------------

Comment

I was wondering about that too.

I installed those drivers and I did no reliable tests but Q2 timedemo went down ~1fps (or stayed the same but it's in my eye)

Since everything worked fine before and I didn't gain any performance I can't recommend it to anyone. (at this light)

B

------------------

Comment

I tried renaming those files. Open GL won't run at all if you do that.

Comment

yeah .. i did that too .. no quake2 if i rename those files ...
                            hoping for Markus to show up and shed some lights on that

GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

Sorry for the delay, guys !

The files must not be renamed, just leave them as they are.

You might not notice any difference, but as I said before, it helped me to cure some OGL probs I had a couple of weeks back ...

It looks like you folks didn't see any difference using it or not.

Did you check out all OGL apps ?

Thanx for feedback though

------------------
                              Cheers,
                              Maggi

Comment

Working...
                              X