pushing it to far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pushing it to far?

i was wondering is thire any company that makes a peilter unit for video cards?? i probibly spelled it wrong but you should get the ieda. i mean this as a joke but well now that i think of it maybe not.

------------------
    Waiting for g400 to show up, while i go slowly insane. I don't have a warped mind do i?

noel

hey how about cutting holes in the sides of one of those little refrigirators and sticking the whole case in thire??

------------------
    Waiting for g400 to show up, while i go slowly insane. I don't have a warped mind do i?

noel

Comment

I was just wondering why can't you use regular peltier that's ment for SS7 CPU?

If you are worried about the large fan on it, it will need it because otherwise it'll burn your CPU. That's why they have alarms for fan failures.

Anyway, those graphic card chips probably can't be pushed that far anyway..

B

[This message has been edited by Buuri (edited 07-09-99).]

Comment

Merch:

How about for us guys who can't afford one of those little fridges? Would putting the motherboard in a freezer bag and throwing it in one of those cheap styrofoam ice coolers, covering the mobo with ice work?

Don't Peltier coolers work like air conditioning? If you know about air conditioning, you know that the removed heat has to radiate somewhere (that's what all the heat fins in the back of your fridge are for). Doesn't that mean it radiates into your computer case? Could you imagine being seriously able to overclock your CPU, only to find that you need to seriously UNDERclock your G200 to get it to work?

Bill

------------------
        People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...
        People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

Comment

come on lets here all those crazy ideas that are out thire. that you would concider pushhing it too far. posts here are ment as jokes, well mabye not.

------------------

noel

Comment

Hey, I still think the dropping the whole PC mobo and cards in liquid freon (a-la Cray II) is the coolest idea

Cheers
            Chilly Willy

Comment

I haven't seen anyone try that yet, peltiers on a video card...hmm...guess it was bound to happen sooner or later:-)
              I've got a Peltier running on my PII, the problem with these are that they require a massive heatsink and big fans to radiate and disperse the heat being pumped from the Peltier/vid card.
              You also need to isolate some parts because of condensation that may occur around the cold side.
              I think it would be possible if you used water to cool the peltier. Take a hallow aluminium or copper block that you place on the peltier hot side and pump water from a tank of preferably cold water thru the block and you should be able to effectivly remove the heat from the peltier.
              It could be possible...maybe you should forward that idea to the harcore o/c sites out there, they might be crazy enough to give it a try.
              Of course..a totally submerged PC would be the ultimate solution, but for such an endevour you really need to know what you are doing and not to mention the $$$ to make it happen. A tempting thought though:-)

Comment

hey i sent hardocp an email on peltier's on video cards. who knows mabye they tried it allready ? or they might have overlooked the whole concept? too bussy getting a 300a to run at 1000 mhz

------------------

noel

Comment

Working...
                X