Closed Caption Capture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closed Caption Capture?

When capturing video from a TV feed with PC-VCR remote, if the 'Closed Caption' feature is on, are the captions recorded? I am deaf and it is important that either the caption feed in the VBI is recorded and played back or (preferably, since I will likely be encoding to MPEG) that the actual caption video (the black boxes with text) is 'burned in' to the recording.

If this is not the default, is there a way to do this? I am aware that captions may be captured to a text file, which is not really suitable for playback. Naturally, I would prefer to avoid any solution which would require me to spend hours with Avid Cinema or another program to add captions to a single show.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

This might take some work.

The only real way I can see is to use the text in a title generator like is included with MediaStudio Pro to make subtitles. This would be labor intensive but....

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I presume from your reply that captions are not captured along with the regular video? As I mentioned, it would be just fine with me if the video of the captions were 'burned in' to the recording.

Comment

Hi Acaos,

I don't know if you are referring to CC as in the US standard, or "teletext" as in PAL.

I have no experience with CC at all, but the Teletext Explorer that comes with the Euro version of the G400-TV displays in a seperate window. It is possible to capture the text to a file, but I don't see any way of overlaying it directly onto the video window (I just tried this).

Comment

I'm referring to the US standard of CC. There's a button on PC-VCR remote that turns it on. What I'm wondering is, when it is turned on, the captions show on-screen (in black boxes overlaid on the screen). When I record, do the captions remain overlaid on the recording?

I would be very grateful if someone who has their Marvel hooked up to a TV feed could turn on captioning, record a minute or so, and play it back to check.

This_Idiot: thanks for the assistance; I know you don't know the answer if you're in Europe with PAL.

Comment

No, the text is not saved on the video.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
            X