Cable-length between G400 and monitor/TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable-length between G400 and monitor/TV

Does anyone know what the maximum length of a cable between the G400 and a monitor/TV can be without loss in picture-quality?

/Carla

it depends on the quality of the cable in question. cheap radio shack cableing i woun't run over 5 to 10 feet. s video can generly be run up to 25 feet. only good shielded cable.
    as for composit rca type don't use audio cable! its not designed for it.

now what is good cable thire is a lot of good cable out thire but it cost an arm and leg.

now i use monster cable. its not really expensive and its not the best stuff out thire but it is better than radio shack and definitly is better than rca and other cable in its price range.

general cable legths for video are no longer than 30 ft max. even with the best cable out thire (this is still useabe signal) you start getting signal loss at any thing over 2 feet.
    you just won't notice it with out a signal proscessor/testing scope.

important note don't run any cable near power cords or fluorescent lighting. you will get more distrotion from that than any thing else.

i tend to Ramble on dont i.

Waiting for g400 to show up, while i go slowly insane. I don't have a warped mind do i?

noel

[This message has been edited by merchant2 (edited 07-08-99).]

Comment

Check out www.markertek.com

Good prices, good quality cables.

I'm just a customer...

Comment

Working...
      X