Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G400 aspect ratio support? (16x10, 16x9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 aspect ratio support? (16x10, 16x9)

Does the G400 support 16x10 display modes through the primary video port?

I am using a Sony GDM-W900 video monitor which sports a 16x10 aspect ratio CRT. My current video card, a PCI based 3dfx Voodoo 2000, allows me to output a 16x10 aspect ratio display (1920x1200). I will be migrating from NT4.0 to W2K in the near future (a couple of weeks at most). After I have W2K up and running I plan on adding a Matrox G400 AGP based video card. I intend to leave the Voodoo in place as I will be able to select the active video card at boot time through the BIOS AGP/PCI priority setting.

Now comes the fuzzy part... I don't see mention of any explicit G400 display modes other than 4x3. Does the G400 support 16x10 display to the primary CRT controler? I see mention of video scaling in conjunction with DVD playback but it's not clear to me after reviewing the logical block diagram of the board if this 'feature' applies to the primary video port as well. What say you folks? TIA: /bonzai

Powerdesk handles monitors and resolutions differently than it used to. Now, instead of over-riding youe factory setting, it will "overlay" them. In other words, if your monitor's default windows drivers support any given resolution, so will Powerdesk. Any customizations you make will apply to that resolution, and any uncustomized resolutions will default back to whatever your windows settings are. There is also a custom definition for your monitor built into PD, so as long as Sony supplied the proper info for the windows drivers, and similar info to Matrox, it should work. But I don't have that monitor, so I can't really confirm that for sure
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
    X