Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't you just look in the registry for Core and Mem speeds?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't you just look in the registry for Core and Mem speeds?!?!

How come nobody knows exact core and mem settings? Can't you just look in the registry?

UnderLord

uh....no.
    Clock speeds are coded in the hardware, not the registry.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

How do you think overclock programs like powerstrip work, they change the registry settings, at least that's how it is for other graphics cards. I overclocked my TNT by manually changing the registry settings.

UnderLord

Comment

How do you think a card can boot into DOS if it never reads the registry. Where do those clock settings come from? Coded in the hardware. I don't know how you had your TnT set up, but my guess is that you had to add registry keys to o/c it, not modify existing ones. Or if your drivers added those keys, they weren't there before the card was. How did the card know what speed to boot up at? Hardware.

Those settings in the hardware (BIOS) can be over-ridden diferent ways. Some can do it through the registry. That doesn't mean that where the default clocks are set.

What about Liew's G200clk or GBM's G4set? Both overclock the G400. Neither touch the registry (both are DOS based). They over-ride the BIOS settings with direct calls to the hardware.

So the answer is still no. There are no clock settings in the registry from the Matrox drivers.

------------------
        P2-350(@103*4=412), Asus P2B(1009), 128meg PC100, MillG400 32meg(PD5.20.???), CL SB Live!Value, CL PC-DVD, Mitsumi CD-R, WD UDMA 8.4&6.4 gig, (2)USR 56k(multilinked), 3Com 905B-TX, etc...

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

kruzin where do you get gbm's g4set ??? it's not on murc's download page. is it a decent program ?

------------------
          Waiting for g400 to show up, while i go slowly insane. I don't have a warped mind do i?

noel

Comment

Working...
          X