Current G400s are AGP 2X only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current G400s are AGP 2X only?

Powerdesk claims mine is a 2X not a 2X-4X. I called the distributor and they stated they think it's 4X. I called Matrox and they claim they have never stated the current G400 to be 4X and that it is only 4X compatible but will run in 2X. They are currently discussing this with their engineers but currently state that I would never see a difference anyway. Sounds a little fishy. They claim the G400 4X card won't be out until after the official release of AGP 4X on Motherboards. I don't know what this is about, but I'll hear from Matrox some time tommorrow...

- DJ
    My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
    128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

the AGP4x specification was finalized some time ago.

Comment

AGP 4x means the ability to tranfer data from system ram at 133 megahertz. If you don't have PC133, or RDRAM, then it doesn't matter. If a chipset supports AGP 4x... it tests a different voltage setting on your Vid. Card. Since no chipset does this, currently. It doesn't matter what your videocard can or can't do. Via/National will jointly make a chipset called Appollo Pro+ that supports it... But there current Apollo Pro performs worse than the BX. It doesn't seem worth it at the time to upgrade a motherboard just for this feature. Especially with motherboards like the Abit BP6 out there.

Comment

Working...
      X