Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Joel, a little sage counsel please

Dang,
    Just when I thought it was safe to get back in the water.

Ok here goes,

I'm running an asus p5a bios version 1004 with latest ali drivers.

I've upgraded to the newest Matrox drivers and at boot I get the message TSR vesa utility v 1.4 not loaded bios incompatable.

I'm running the latest matrox bios. I just don't get the matrox power box or whatever it is called.

Everything seems to be installed correctly, power strip seem to work fine and I even get the old windows graphics utility. I can change settings.

I've used the new uninstaller. Re-installed the new drivers, loaded standard VGA, rebooted in safe mode. In other words I've done everything except flash the the latest mb bios (I believe that is verion 1006 on my ali chipset)

Any advise?

Thanks Rick

------------------
    I don't want to swim in a roped off sea.

You don't need that VESA TSR for anything if you're not using DOS programs, like old games.

Just remove is from the 'autoexec.bat' or put 'rem' on the beginning of the same line to remark it.

B

------------------
    Excel 7.0, Winamp 2.23, Adobe Acrobat 4.0, QuickTime 4

Comment

Hi Rick,

use the install.bat in the folder where your latest gfx bios is installed ...

------------------
      Cheers,
      Maggi

Asus P2B-S @ 112MHz FSB * Celeron300A @ 504MHz
      Heavily boosted by the Millenium G400 32MB SGRAM DualHead

Comment

Well I guess a little knowleged is a dangerous thing.

Looks like you folks are telling me that I've got it installed correctly and I just don't know it.

I consider myself a low level intermediate computer user.

OK how do I go into my autoexec.bat file and rem out the line on tsrvesa?

Thanks for the help

Rick

Comment

From a DOS prompt. The file is in C:\ and you can edit by 'edit c:\autoexec.bat'.

Since I haven't had this problem ever, and I don't use that TRS myself I'd go with Maggies solution first. If that does no good, try mine.

B

------------------

Comment

Go to the Start Button --> Programs --> Accessories --> notepad, and open up c:\autoexec.bat. Find the line that has something to do with "vesa." Type "REM " (without the quotation marks)in front of it. Then save the file.

Remember, everyone starts at the bottom. Why, I remember when I was but a little computer godling...

Bill

------------------
            People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...
            People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

Comment

Even easier is Start->Run then type 'sysedit' then you'll get a few windows, one of which is the autoexec.bat. Put the 'REM' infront of the required line.

------------------
              Cheers,
              Steve
              It's Only A Graphics Card!
              (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

Well I've got'er rem(ed) out and I'm happy as a hog running in the open field against Alabama. Once again thanks for the help. I'm picking up quite a few tips from the board.

The little Matrox card is looking better and better.

Rick "mulerider" Murphy

Comment

Working...
                X