Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To G400/G400MAX or not to G400/G400MAX - That is the subject...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To G400/G400MAX or not to G400/G400MAX - That is the subject...

I've been very impressed with the previews of the G400 series - enough to have put off buying a Dynamite? Ultra (Hercules' TNT2 Ultra card) until now, when the G400 was supposed to be shipping. With the limited release of cards and further delays in mass shipping, I was hoping to get a few questions answered:

1) Several people have posted the differences between the G400 and the G400MAX - clock speed and a fan. There has also been mention of the overclockability of the G400 to MAX-like speeds. Is this true? What are the processor/memory speeds on the two cards? What kind of fan can you buy to cool the G400?

2) At least back in the Millenium II days, Matrox had poor driver support. Has this changed? What is the quality level of the new OpenGL ICD? Several of the benchmarks I have seen on the G400s make it appear that the drivers are not optimized very well yet, but these results were from pre-release cards. Has anything changed with the retail version drivers?

TIA for any replies to these questions - I'm sure a lot of buyers are looking for the same answers!

Even if you wanted a Herc TNT2 Ultra, they're not available until 9/9, just like the G400 Max :-P

Answers to most of the rest of your questions are in the forum. I asked the fan question already..

Comment

Working...
    X