HappyHappyJoyJoy...Well, almost..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HappyHappyJoyJoy...Well, almost..

Haven't posted here for ages..an old timer or two might remember..plus probably Ant. When things are working pretty good (all I had to do was pour gasoline on my old SS7 system and light..plus buy a Tyan BX MB and Celery), not much reason to cruise the forums..but watched the posts from time to time anyway.
    Every version of PD I ever had locked up my Celery system when using Combat Flight Simulator about once a day..plus Q2 was pretty much unplayable, as far as I was concerned, with either the wrapper or the beta icd's. But the NEW drivers...friggin' GREAT!! Quake II hasn't looked so good since my old Permedia2 card,and framerates are perfectly acceptable at 1024x768..... and CFS, while it hasn't seemed to have sped up much (D3D..), hasn't locked up in DAYS!! I'm a believer. BUT..

1) Wish I had had all this sh*% back in October...

2)Spent EONS fine-tweaking my PD settings as a Matrox monitor for my Hitachi. Get to do it all over again. Wasn't there a way to port the old settings? Oh, well..

3) Unreal is still a bomb. ANYBODY got it to work with the icd???

4) On the negative side, as far as Matrox is concerned....thrilled enough with the way the G200 is looking that I probably won't be looking at a G400 till around X-mas....hehehe

[This message has been edited by EchoWars (edited 07-07-99).]

Don't even bother with Unreal in OGL mode, it sucks.
    The game is meant to be run in D3D which also looks much better with the latest Unreal patch.

Regards,
    Elie

Comment

I think the Unreal programmers botched the OGL implementation in 225f.

It worked decently enough in previous builds but boy, did they ever shoot themselves in the foot in the latest revision.

Speaking of 3D games: I'm beginning to really enjoy Decent 3.

Any game that gives you a weapon that forms a black hole in the midst of your enemies is fine with me ;-)) (Black Shark missile)

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

i remember you. from long long ago back when the g 200 was the fastest card out thier (for a whole 2 months anyway)

------------------
        Waiting for g400 to show up, while i go slowly insane. I don't have a warped mind do i?

noel

Comment

Hey merchant....yeah, the G200's reign was short. Anyway, for some reason I kept trying to run Unreal in 32bpp mode...didn't like that. D3D runs pretty well in 16bpp, tho..my buddy had a V3 3000, and I enjoy showing him how much better Unreal looks on my system...tho he likes showing me the framerates. But what I like best is....day 5 and not one lockup or crash. Only thing that bugs me is..had the card now for almost A YEAR!!!!

------------------
          Celery 464a, Tyan Tsanumi, Mill G200 Retail, Hitachi CM753 19"

Comment

Working...
          X