X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some TV-Out problems

Hi !

I have just bought a TV-Out module for my Millennium G200
    and I am really pleased with the results (thanks to Profound Runner for the Hardware info). However, I am facing some minor problems.

1) Using the TV-Output I have black bars on my TV-screen at top and bottom of the (really
    great quality) picture. Is there any software way to change vertical size and position
    (like on monitors) to fit the picture perfectly (or at least almost) in the screen ??

2) The picture seems to be slightly sloping on the TV-Screen. How comes that ???

3) Most of my fullscreen games are not put out on the TV-screen. I have already switched
    the games to resolutions that should actually work (640x480) but all the TV-screen does
    is show a grey screen and the mouse cursor. I am using a Voodoo2 accellerator,
    could that be the reason ??
    Can I only play 3D-games using Direct3D on the Matrox card or is there a way to use my
    Voodoo2 and still play on the big TV-screen ?

Thanks in advance

I don't own the tv out module for my mill g200, but I do know that any games played through you voodoo2 will NOT come out onto your TV. Only graphics drawn by the g200 itself will.

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve
    It's Only A Graphics Card!
    (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

1. No way to remove the border so far. Wait for some future PDesk...

2. No idea

3. No way, G200 can only output its own signal through TVout.

Comment

1. goto the monitor settings and 'adjust a different resolution' ... there you'll find the complete list of available resolutions.

Amongst others, there are for example 1024x768 PAL & NTSC ... you can reposition and resize the screen until you're satisfied, but you'll see the changes on your TV only, not on the computer monitor.

2. What is sloping ?

3. It looks like you configured your system to use the VooDoo for 3D acceleration, thus you won't see that picture on TV, because the TV out chip is connected to the G200 only.

------------------
        Cheers,
        Maggi

Asus P2B-S @ 112MHz FSB * Celeron300A @ 504MHz
        Heavily boosted by the Millenium G400 32MB SGRAM DualHead

Comment

Sloping as in wonky.
          Wonky as in subsiding, or falling over, or even at an angle.

Comment

Working...
          X