Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New drivers and the BSoD (Blue Screen of Death)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New drivers and the BSoD (Blue Screen of Death)

I recently upgraded to PD 5.13 and sense then my puter randomly crashes and give the blue screen of death. Yesterday, after one of these crashed, I re-botted and got the message "Primary Hard Disk Failure"!?!?!? Yikes!!!!! My main hard drive took a major dump. The thing wasn't even spinning. I wonder if that was just a coincidence.

Needless to say, I had to go out and get a new one and installed it and here I am.

Am I the only one that, after installing these new drivers, is seeing the Blue Screen of Death much more often??? I notice it locks up very often during the OpenGL screen savers. Is anybody seeing anything like this??? Or is it just me.

My system: Abit BX2 R2, Cel 366 OCed to 457, 64Meg Ram, SB16bit, Win98, One fried 3.8G Maxtor HD, one new 10.2G Western Digital HD.

What are the BSoD's in? Does it say which VXD or module it's crashing in?
    Also, about the hard drive - serves you right for buying a Maxtor drive in the first place!

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve
    It's Only A Graphics Card!
    (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

Yah, Yah, yah.... I know the maxtor is a POS. But even with the new Western Dig and a very fresh re-install of win 98, I still get the Blue Screen. As far as which module or VxD, I'll have to look the next time it crashes and let you know. Currently doing the Day Job thing.

Though..., this may not be an issue after tonight. I have a brand new G400 to try out!! Wooooo Whooooo!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X