Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need your HELP...

Hey guys...
    I tried to install the new drivers 5.13 but I keep getting insert disk 1 and so on...
    Finally I gave up went back to 4.51...
    after about 5 to 10 minutes my machines screen locks up it gets all pixilated and crashes (kinda looks like when you overclock you card.)...WTF
    I wish I did not even **** with the new drivers.

The weird thing is when I play games Kingpin Midtown Half life...NO problems.
    The screen only screws up when I am in windows or PhotoShop or email.

Can some help.
    ...please help....

My sytems is P2 400 256 meg of ram mystic G200 4.51 bios 2.3 DX6.1 Veiwsonic G810 21
    Cyrk

have you tried the new uninstaller ?

------------------
    Cheers,
    Maggi

Asus P2B-S @ 112MHz FSB * Celeron300A @ 504MHz
    Heavily boosted by the Millenium G400 32MB SGRAM DualHead

Comment

No what will that do...
      and where do I get it.

Comment

Look into Kruzin's post about 'Uninstaller released ...'

------------------
        Cheers,
        Maggi

Comment

Thanks...
          I will try the unistaller...
          Do you know how i can get the new drivers to work?

Whats the deal with this disk one crap...

Comment

a.f.a.i.k. did Matrox mess up the first release and fixed that in the follow up ...

It might be worth downloading it again from matrox ...

------------------
            Cheers,
            Maggi

Comment

Maggi...
              When installing the new drivers and that disk 1 stuff comes on it is asking for:

G200.drv & .vxd
              G200DD.vxd
              G200ICD.dll
              G200DD32.dll

Does that mean anything to you?

Comment

I believe I remember reading that ALPBM had the same problem when downloading the 4 seperate disk files, but when he downloaded the entire file then he did not have this problem. so go get the full download and try that.

Dave
                Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

With all these problems try formatting cyrk... Unless of course the unistaller solves the problems... In case of formating however, don't forget to backup all your files (It might sound obvious but I have lost MANY files after all these formats... Thank God I have a working OCR...)
                  PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 440GX AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

Comment

My problem is a little different. The new 5.13 only sees 2MB of memory on my G200 no matter whether I have 8MB or all 16MB on the card. I've managed to get 5.13 loaded, only to loose it on the next reboot.

I'm wondering if the new 5.x drivers do a different type of video memory parity check or some other type of memory check on the cards than the 4.x drivers did. The 4.51 drivers show my card as having "SGRAM LVTTL 16MBits" and the 5.13 drivers show my card as having "2MB".

If I follow the required uninstall procedure, then load the 5.13 drivers my system boots up in STD VGA mode. The display properties show 2MB on the card and I have none of the Power Desk features. I must then change the adapter in the display settings, when it reboots it shows the correct amount of memory and Power Desk is fully functional. But the next time I shut down and boot up it shows 2MB and won't let me change the adapter again. So if I want to use 5.13 I must repeat the cycle again.

BTW the uninstaller is nice but hasn't help me successfully install 5.13.

Paul
                    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

OK...
                      I used the uninstaller last night, and it worked... successfully installed 5.13...

...but my screen still gets all messed up for instance icons and text in windows gets a garbled but in games everything is AOK?

I need a solution to my problem I am a graphic artist and my machine is locking up.

Thanks,
                      cyrk

Comment

Working...
                      X