Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!NEW!! NT4 ICD and Drivers ((how do I install them))

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!NEW!! NT4 ICD and Drivers ((how do I install them))

OK, I have downloaded the drivers only to find that it cant find disk 2!!! I downloaded the full 2.4mb exe and unpacked it into the default directory, another directory incase.

I then downloaded the whole thing in 3 parts and tried the same thing placing the path in the dialogue box, still doesnt work. Always requests Disk 2 and thats it.

Any help much apreciated

I was about to ask that, Looks like matrox
    messed up. I even downloaded the ones
    from matrox website and get the same
    bug. You think they would test install
    these before releasing them, heh.
    Lucky its not a friday, then we would
    probably have to wait till monday for a
    fix

Comment

OOps!! what I am really asking is where is the elusive disc 2, I have downloaded every file off the FTP with the june 30th date, no joy

Comment

I was about to ask that, Looks like matrox
        messed up. I even downloaded the ones
        from matrox website and get the same
        bug. You think they would test install
        these before releasing them, heh.
        Lucky its not a friday, then we would
        probably have to wait till monday for a
        fix

Comment

thanks gavin, its a real pain after waiting a whole year to find that they put it up incomplete, I'm going to email them just incase someone is around, probably have to check again tomorrow ((Fingers crossed and all that))

Comment

Ok, boys, I have no one NT and G200 at hand right now, but maybe You'll try to find
            those lines in mga64.inf

[SourceDisksFiles]
            mga64.sys = 1
            mga64.dll = 1
            g200icd.dll = 2
            g400icd.dll = 2

And replace with

[SourceDisksFiles]
            mga64.sys = 1
            mga64.dll = 1
            g200icd.dll = 1
            g400icd.dll = 1

------------------
            AD
            www.cornidesign.com

Comment

Welp, using NT4 & the latest downloaded PD drivers downloaded from Matrox FTP, I'm STUCK in 640x480x16 VGA mode.

Reason? See above. It keeps asking for Disk 2 no matter what you do. Even got it to ask for Disk 1 by playing with SETUP.INI, but no go.

HELLO MATROX QA ??

[This message has been edited by OrangeJulius (edited 07-01-99).]

Comment

Open the setup.ini file and change the following:

[icd_driver]
                g400icd.dl_=544847|0|1|2|-4|
                g200icd.dl_=545027|0|1|2|-4|

change it to:

[icd_driver]
                g200icd.dl_=545027|0|1|2|-4|

Haig

Comment

Hmmm, I have emailed tech support and the webmaster, with a bit of luck it will all be sorted out tomorrow as I'm sure they will be swamped tomorrow.

It's a bit annoying, but after waiting a year for an NT ICD I guess another day won't make that much difference, meanwhile I get to play a few games in 98 till I get out of 640x480 16 colour mode.

Mabe tomorrow I can finaly try out a couple of apps that don't work at all in MS softGL

Comment

Haig comes through once again. Thanks man!

Your INI edit worked after two reboots. Here's what happened after trying it:

First reboot: Error pops up on logon screen:

Initialization of DLL Winnt/System32/Mgactrl.dll Failed, Process Terminating Abnormally

The system appears to lockup after this, even though the HD blinks every few seconds. After waiting 5 minutes with no proper login I press the big reboot button.

Second reboot:

Blam, starts up OK, no error, CPL works fine, Powerdesk works fine, OGL screen savers work fine. Cool, tx again!

[system]
                    NT4 SP3, Matrox G200 retail 8MB
                    completely uninstalled old 4.71 drivers
                    128MB RAM, P2-266

Comment

Congrats to those who have it working.

I followed the uninstall directions from Matrox's page before attempting to load the new drivers. I was running Standard VGA to begin the installation.

I ran SETUP.EXE from the nt4413_g2 directory. It went through its thing for awhile, but then there was no activity with the Display Properties. After having two instances of "Matrox .... not responding" in Task Manager I had to End Task one of the instances. This killed both. I then cancelled out of the display properties screen since it still said Standard VGA. I checked the registry and it had the new MGA entry under CurrentControlSet. I also had new files in SYSTEM32 so I figured a reboot may help.

No luck. I am still in 640x480x16. I then used Display Properties to attempt to load the driver from the mga.inf. It worked sort of. After editing the inf to remove G400 entries, I got past those errors. After a screen that said drivers installed successfully, I rebooted. The display properites say 1024x768, but I am in 640x480. The info is all Marvel G200, it is just not working. The Matrox Display properties won't even start.

I then tried to run SETUP.EXE from the nt4413_g2 directory, but it does a nice Dr Watson act. Shucks, it's late. I hope I can figure this out, but of course any pointers are appreciated...
                      Tyan Thunder K7, 768MB Registered DDR ECC, 2xMP2200+, Radeon 9700 Pro, Adaptec 2940U2B Ultra2 SCSI, TB Santa Cruz, Pyro 1394DV. RAID 0 stripe set on hacked Promise UltraTX2 with dual WD 120MB SE drives. HP DVD200i DVD+RW drive.

Comment

duplicate deleted

[This message has been edited by jeepman (edited 07-01-99).]
                        Tyan Thunder K7, 768MB Registered DDR ECC, 2xMP2200+, Radeon 9700 Pro, Adaptec 2940U2B Ultra2 SCSI, TB Santa Cruz, Pyro 1394DV. RAID 0 stripe set on hacked Promise UltraTX2 with dual WD 120MB SE drives. HP DVD200i DVD+RW drive.

Comment

I have a solution for one install problem and a problem to chew on.

I am running here at work NT4 Server english version with SP5 and unofficial DX5 and did the uninstall by following the FAQ. During installing the PD4 for NT4 the setup seemed to hang to the display properties/setting window where the setup changes the driver. I waited few minutes and then pressed ALT-T (Display Type) and the setup continued automagically.

Now the problem is that NT gives following error message when trying to run any OGL software:

wglinfo: *insert_software_title_here.exe* - DLL Initialization Failed

Initialization of the dynamic link library C:\WINNT\System32\G200ICD.DLL failed.
                          The process is terminating abnormally.

If someone figures out a solution then I would be pleased to know it. Hopefully my W95 machine at home will eat the PD5 and ICD without errors.

-Tumu

[This message has been edited by Tumu (edited 07-01-99).]
                          Celeron 333 (not overclocked), GigaByte 6BXE Intel 440BX AGPset (bios v3.4),
                          64MB PC100 RAM, nVidia TNT2 32M (was G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM), SB Live! Value LW3.1, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES, HP8210i
                          Win98 finnish

Comment

Yep!!
                            I got the same ugly response, when trying Quake2 on my machine (NT4, SP5, 128Meg, PII@400, G200-Bios2.3, Mobo QDI B1).
                            Unfortunately, Q2 is the only 3D app I got in this machine...
                            Any ideas anyone?

Comment

If you don't want your msg shown here twice, only press the submit button ONCE.

Comment

Working...
                              X