UGH! no ogl and no safe mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UGH! no ogl and no safe mode

I followed all the directions except safe mode since for some reason my computer won't boot to it. The drivers seemed to install fine. I can't get any ogl games to run. q2, q3, tribes. I even deleted the opengl32.dll file as ant suggested.

------------------
    The Recoiler

You deleted which opengl32.dll?

The one in the game's directory needs to go.

The one in windows/system must be there (not the wrapper, the real opengl32.dll and glu32.dll that came with winblows)

If those 2 files are not in the windows\system folder, there is no way OGL can work...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I now see what Ant posted on his news page, and have sent him a message to correct it.

DO NOT delete opengl32.dll from windows\system folder!
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

OK that's fine. But it was no different before I deleted it.

------------------
        The Recoiler

Comment

But what was it?
          Was it the real windows opengl32.dll?
          Was it the Matrox opengl32.dll wrapper?
          Was it the opengl32.dll that GLDirect installs, and leaves behind when uninstalled?

It has got to be the real windows one to work. You also need glu32.dll (which I think is also hacked up by GLDirect). The correct version of these files can be retrieved from your windows install CD...

Comment

They appear to be original Windows copies by the properties. Find didn't find the files on the 98 cd.

------------------
            The Recoiler

Comment

They are packed in the .cab files (which can be opened with winzip 7)

opengl32.dll (737k) is in win98_37.cab
              glu32.dll (137k) is in win98_31.cab

Comment

Well right now I'm gonna try and get safe mode to work. Tried just about everything. Even removed all cards including g200 and installed an old pci card. I figure my problem is stemmed from not being able to do the safe mode part of the uninstall. Anyone have any ideas how to get it to work again.

------------------
                The Recoiler

Comment

If you got a different vid card installed... then the old drivers should be uninstalled.

I would make sure that the new drivers are somewhere on your hardware(for the G200) and when the PNP asks for drivers... you know where the new drivers are.

Comment

Working...
                  X