Quicktime 4.0.3 problems with MarvelG200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quicktime 4.0.3 problems with MarvelG200

Does anyone else have this problem(with PD5.25, VT1.51, DirectX7 on MarvelG200TV):

When I play a Quicktime movie (.mov), if I stop the movie or rseize during playing (in a webpage or in the stand-alone player) the last played frame of the movie will stay on screen covering everything behing (or in front of it) on screen, including the newly re-sized quicktime movie. The only solution I have to get the frame off the screen is to open the Matrox PC_VCR and select line or open a Matrox mjpeg video, which clears the dead quicktime window.

This seems similar to the problem I have when playing back Matrox Mjpeg video in the Premiere monitor window with the following settings in the .ini file:

[Override]
    NoDirectShow=1

[codec]
    keepopen=dmb1

The right monitor window video (but not the window itself) overlaps/obscures anything in front or behind it (including the transitions window).

I've always accepted the Premiere problem as a limitation of using the Marvel with unsupported software, but it seems like there should be a way to avoid the problem with the Quicktime player.

Any suggestions?

------------------
    Please visit http://spincycle.n3.net - My System: Celeron 300a(@450/2v),ABit BH6, 128mb ram, Win98, Marvel G200TV, Diamond MX300, IBM 8.4gb UDMA Deskstar system drive, Adaptec 2940UW SCSI, 2x 9gb Seagate Barracuda UWSCSI video drives, Hitachi GD-2500 DVD-Rom, UltraPlex CD-Rom, Plexwriter CD-recorder, Viewsonic PT775, Soundworks 4.1 speakers
    Please visit http://spincycle.n3.net - My System: Celeron 300a(@450/2v),Abit BH6, 128mb RAM, Win98SE, Marvel G200TV, Diamond MX300, Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 20g system drive, DiamondMax Plus 40 capture drive, IBM 8g Deskstar program drive, Adaptec 2940UW SCSI, 9gb Barracuda UWSCSI video drive, Hitachi GD-2500 DVD-Rom, UltraPlex CD-Rom, Plexwriter CD-recorder, Viewsonic PT775, Soundworks 4.1 speakers

cjyo~,

The version of QT that is supported with Avid is v3.0.2 which is installed when you load Avid. In the QT setting verify that you have selected waveout as a device for playback and a rate of 44.100KHz 16bit stereo

Uninstall QT 4.0.3 and try again.

Olliver
    All comments and statements are purely of my own opinion and in no way reflect on my employer.

Comment

I don't use Avid (it's not installed). I'm just talking about the Quicktime4 viewer/player and browser plugin.

In general, does the MarvelG200 (PD5.25/VT1.51) only support 3.0.2?

I have changed my sound out from Direct Sound to Wave Out. Maybe that will help...?

------------------
      Please visit http://spincycle.n3.net - My System: Celeron 300a(@450/2v),ABit BH6, 128mb ram, Win98, Marvel G200TV, Diamond MX300, IBM 8.4gb UDMA Deskstar system drive, Adaptec 2940UW SCSI, 2x 9gb Seagate Barracuda UWSCSI video drives, Hitachi GD-2500 DVD-Rom, UltraPlex CD-Rom, Plexwriter CD-recorder, Viewsonic PT775, Soundworks 4.1 speakers
      Please visit http://spincycle.n3.net - My System: Celeron 300a(@450/2v),Abit BH6, 128mb RAM, Win98SE, Marvel G200TV, Diamond MX300, Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 20g system drive, DiamondMax Plus 40 capture drive, IBM 8g Deskstar program drive, Adaptec 2940UW SCSI, 9gb Barracuda UWSCSI video drive, Hitachi GD-2500 DVD-Rom, UltraPlex CD-Rom, Plexwriter CD-recorder, Viewsonic PT775, Soundworks 4.1 speakers

Comment

Although I haven't tried QT4 with the newer drivers and VT it wasn't working in the past with any other versions then 3.0.2.

Comment

cjyo~,

"In general, does the MarvelG200 (PD5.25/VT1.51) only support 3.0.2?"

QT 3.0.2 is relevant only to Avid.
          "Avid Cinema uses only QuickTime 3.0.2. Please do not use other versions of QuickTime 3.0 for Windows, including those available from the Apple Web site."

Like JAZZ I haven't tried QT 4 either.

Olliver
          All comments and statements are purely of my own opinion and in no way reflect on my employer.

Comment

Actually Uleads MediaStudio Pro and Video Studio 3.0 are also Quicktime 3.0 specific. QT 4.x will drive them crazy as well.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
            X