X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.51 vs PD5 benchmark?

Hi,
    I just installed the new drivers and here are my benchmarks in quake2 :

My system: Amd K6-2 350, Mill g200 agp, 128mb.

Quake 2, demo1.dm2, 800x600, no sound :
    w/4.51 = 21 fps
    w/5.13 = 28.2 fps

I'm happy

Somilth

And it works with more than Q2
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Woa!!!!!! 25% I for some reason get an increase of 42%, well done Matrox, what with this boost and 25% fom last time it's great.
      Quake 2 640*480 16bit sound on
      Beta 2 25fps
      PD5 35.7fps
      PII 300 192mb Mill G200

Dean

Comment

In Unreal get a decrease in performance

My system:
        PII400 128MB Ram
        P2B-S
        Millenium G200 8MB SGRAM
        Win98
        Direct-X 6.1

Unreal patched to 2.25f
        Unreal Timedemo 1 640x480

Beta2 OGL ICD 6 fps
        Final OGL ICD 4 fps

Comment

Forget OGL with Unreal. They have put all their efforts toward D3D with that game.

Check the thread in the games forum for the tips I had for you...
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

3d Mark 99 results:
            4.51=1663
            5.13=1860

The only thing I'm disapointed at is that they still didn't fix that mouse cursor bug i get when playing UO in windowed mode...

Comment

The only negative thing that I have found so far with PD5, is that PCI List reports AGP x1. I got x2 with 4.51. But, early tests show that I have a general increase in performance, so I am not complaining. I just hope that when my G400 MAX arrives, that it will run AGP x2 with it's PD5 drivers. Also, I had to go into the advanced monitor settings, and change the vertical and horizontal sync polarities to positive for 1152x864 to get my screen sizing back the way I had it set with my monitors digital controls. This was the way the older drivers set sync at 1152x864. The other resolutions seem to have the sync polarity set to the typical default values. I like the way Powerdesk is now integrated with display properties. So far, so good Matrox.

ABIT BH6
              Millennium G200
              3C905B-TX NIC
              SB Live
              256 Megs PC100
              P2/450
              Cornerstone 50/101sf Monitor.
              PC Power & Cooling Tower and PS.

Comment

About Ultima Online, this was fixed in the second Ultima Online, ie: Second Age. There is a swisth to use 565 colors, double click on your character then click on the eye and choose 565 under Full Screen Resolution, that should do it...

------------------
                "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

"The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

My final reality scores:
                  (Run on G200 8MB SGRAM, Celery kickin' @464, w/128MB PC100 SDRAM)

PD5:
                  2D: 5.12
                  3D: 4.19
                  Bus transfer Rate: 7.96
                  Total: 5.04

4.51:
                  2D: 5.15
                  3D: 3.93
                  Bus transfer Rate: 8.03
                  Total: 4.91

So, I'm slightly down in 2D & bus transfer performance, but overall improved thanks to a boost in 3D performance. Not too shabby.

Oh, but here's the kicker: I've yet to mention my AGP test results. 4.51: 59.85. PD5: 112!! Yeah, baby!

So what do you guys think?

Comment

The statement about Unreal going more and more to D3D is VERY true. The OGL support in that game has gone to he** in the last couple of releases. It gives fewer setup options and the ones it does have don't work very good at all.

Another problem is that with the "improved" D3D support it often doesn't apply textures properly and crashes. I've had the same result on 2 different machines so far. OFten it doesn't even make it through the demo reel.

If I uninstall 2.25f and install an earlier beta all is well.

I hate buying betaware....

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Hi R0M,

I know about the Use565 keyword (In fact it is also supported in the 1st uo) And yes it fixes the bug but since the palette is reduced it causes some sprites to be garbled wich can get kind of annoying (all sprites in the sell/buy windows are not displaying properly). Please look at it again!

Thanks

Somilth

Comment

Himself the new drivers are not jsut about OpenGL, they are erm, new drivers, 2D, 3D, OpenGL.

Comment

psmcginnis,

Final Reality is the second to worst benchmarking method, right after Quake 2 timedemo.
                          Use 3DMark99 instead. It's from the same people.

B

------------------
                          Excel 7.0, Winamp 2.23, Adobe Acrobat 4.0, QuickTime 4

Comment

In informal benchmarking I get a 10fps increase in Quake3test (18fps > 28fps) on

Matrox G200 8MB retail
                            P2-266, 128MB RAM, W98

Comment

Buuri (or anyone that knows): Where can I download 3DMark99 so I can toss-out Final Reality.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X