Mystique G200 Installation Problem with Driver 5.13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystique G200 Installation Problem with Driver 5.13

I followed Matrox's installation, but after installing 5.13 and rebooting, I get the following message on a black screen:

While initiating device IOS:
    Error: Real mode system allocation failed

Any suggestions?
    BTW, I have an AMD K6-2 400 on a DFI P5Bv3+ mobo with 128 mb RAM. Have Mystique G200, Voodoo 2, SB Live, and Adaptec SCSI controller.

This is the kind of error win95 gives you when not patched for the AMD chips. Are you running win95?

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve
    It's Only A Graphics Card!
    (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

I had forgot to mention that I am running Win98. I had even tried using the patch, but it is just for Win95.

Comment

Do you have DX6.1 installed ?

Also make sure having the latest G200 bios installed (setup351 > bios 2.3)

Maybe you need the latest bios and AGP drivers for your MoBo too ...

------------------
        Cheers,
        Maggi

Asus P2B-S @ 112MHz FSB * Celeron300A @ 504MHz
        Heavily boosted by the Millenium G400 32MB SGRAM DualHead

Comment

hmmm...interesting. You should see what Windows is loading up upon boot up, could be something in there that is causing you problems. Easiest way to find ut is to go into start>programs>accessories>system tools>system info and one of the menus allow you to look at what is loaded upon boot up. I'm on a Win95 machine right now so I can't tell you exactly where to look. Uncheck anything you absolutely do not need and reboot. Of course, do what Steve and Maggi have told you to first.

Dave
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
          X