G400 shipping info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 shipping info

Here is an email received from "Joan" at Matrox THIS MORNING.

For consideration of the delay in delivery of the G400 MAX, Customer Service offered a $25.00 rebate for pre-orders that were placed prior to June 11. I have issued the request for your rebate. The credit should be applied through your credit card within 48 business hours.

As for the status of the G400 MAX,
    we have begun producing G400 MAX units and will start shipping them next
    week. Unfortunately, we are only getting a limited supply. We will
    therefore be shipping pre-booked units in order or of order placement.
    Hence the customers who were first in placing their pre-orders will be
    first in receiving them.

We are doing our utmost to fulfill our committment made to customers who
    placed their orders prior to June 11. We will be receiving more MAX units
    week by week during the month of July and will continue to ship these units
    to our customers as we receive them.

Please note that for all our customers who ordered after June 11, your ship
    date of end of July is still in effect.

Thought someone might be interested.

I pre-ordered from chips and bits 2 weeks ago.
    Anybody know if this end of July stuff
    applies to chips and bits or if the begginning of September nightmare does?

Comment

These guys claim to have the 32 Meg G400 (Not MAX) Dual Head Retail in stock.
      http://www.sg3d.com/sg3d.asp?Page=4
      I am still going to wait for the MAX, but thought this information may be useful to someone waiting impatiently. I am not affiliated in any way with this retailer.

Comment

Hi,

I take it this is only for "early" pre-orders on Matrox's web-site? According to Buy.com, they will not receive the G400Max until September - I received this "September " ship date confirmation from them earlier today and canceled my back order.

Comment

Watch your credit card info, buy.com has been known to charge the restocking fee to people who have merely cancelled orders.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

No...the end of July shipping date is for G400 Max Pre-orders at Matrox Store placed NOW.

[This message has been edited by Hquervo (edited 07-05-99).]

Comment

The email quoted above is in response to my inquiry directly to Matrox about my preorder for the MAX place on Jun 3. You see what they said. What comes to pass may be another thing entirely. We'll see.

Comment

Why would Buy.com lie to me on the shipping date? I would think that they want my order. This is the message they sent me:

"Answer:

The product will be available to ship early September. We cannot guarantee that we will have the product in stock. This is the ETA given to us by the manufacturer.Thank you for choosing BUY.COM."

They also said that their was no problem canceling the order since it was a Back Ordered product. The July date is not for "retail" orders placed NOW.

Comment

Hquervo,

I mis-understood your post; you said the Matrox Store, I thought you meant retail stores. Sorry!

Comment

just got off the phone with matrox store 7-6-99
                    1 877 628-9669

they claim the next batch of g400's are shipping out this wed. mine should be in thire acording to the rep.

------------------
                    Waiting for g400 to show up, while i go slowly insane. I don't have a warped mind do i?

noel

Comment

Working...
                    X