PD5 Uninstaller released...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD5 Uninstaller released...

For those who been asking for it, the PD5 uninstaller is now out.

See murc for details.

www.murc.ws/news.html
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

it works for undeleting all 4.xx drivers as well...
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Hi Kruzin

Thanks. Can this uninstaller also be used to to a 'clean' uninstall of PD4.x including the registry settings?
      If so, that would be great in helping out with the PD5 Install Problems.

Grant

Comment

Hi Jorden
        Very quick 'reply!!"

Does this uninstaller also clear out the 'old' registry settings?

It is hard to believe that Matrox expects the average user to do Registry edits in order to install driver updates.

Going into DOS to update the BIOS is tricky enough........

Grant

Comment

as far as my 4.33 drivers went, they were all deleted in the registry by the pd5 uninstaller...

the only thing remaining on your harddrive should be the mga-folders with the drivers in them, but you can delete these without a hassle yourself (in DOS).

it even deleted all mga*.* & g200*.* files in the windows/system directory.

Jordâ„¢

Comment

It even formatted my hard drive, re-installed win98se and dual boot to win2k! And after that, it set up all my hardware too! Then it made a cup of tea, and I was well happy.......... I think. Maybe it was one of those dreams again?

Comment

That's because you're as strange as we are, Steve... stranger maybe?

Jordâ„¢

Comment

Hi Jorden

Thanks.
                Why do you have to use DOS to delete the MGA folder/drivers? why not delete them using windows explorer?

and, Why doesn't the uninstaller delete them if they need to be deleted?

Grant

Comment

Ah, because some of us cannot ever forget dear old DOS. I bet most people here haven't seen a DOS prompt in years and would be scared if they saw it. DOS is where the fun is at and where it always will be!

------------------
                  Cheers,
                  Steve
                  It's Only A Graphics Card!
                  (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

Some haven't seen good drivers in some time, so they stay at DOS all the time...
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Hi Steve & Jorden

Thanks. I think?
                      Did you answer my question?
                      Did you suggest using DOS because you like DOS or because you have to use it to delete these files?

Also,
                      I need to install win 98 SE (from win 98),
                      update my bios to 2.2 (from 1.6)
                      and install PD5 (from 4.51).
                      In What sequence should I do this??

Grant

[This message has been edited by grantm88 (edited 07-05-99).]

[This message has been edited by grantm88 (edited 07-05-99).]

Comment

Cos we like DOS! - You can use whatever you wish to obliterate these files....

I would wipe out, not upgrade. But if you have to upgrade, do that first, then BIOS, then PD5.

------------------
                        Cheers,
                        Steve
                        It's Only A Graphics Card!
                        (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

i like dos too a

on a totaly irelivant subject. anyone know how to stop my dam air conditioner from triping the circuit breaker ?? could it be the dam thing its self or is it becuase its so dam hot out thier its working harder than normal???? ive tryed replaceing the power strip and i even checked the breakers im curently useing 20 amp breakers. maybe i shuld set up another deicated line????

------------------
                          Waiting for g400 to show up, while i go slowly insane. I don't have a warped mind do i?

noel

[This message has been edited by merchant2 (edited 07-05-99).]

[This message has been edited by merchant2 (edited 07-05-99).]

Comment

merchant2,

Are you overclocking your air conditioner again? I don't know what you can do to prevent your a/c from tripping, but maybe if it got some counseling and you forbid it to hang out with the bad a/c's you'd probably be OK On a serious note, there can usually only be two things that would cause the circuit to break 1)the circuit breaker is not setup for the correct amperage or 2) something is wrong with your a/c or the wiring. Sorry that's all I know.

btw-DOS is the end all be all. Whenever your in a serious jam you can always count on DOS and the commands actually make sense, unlike UNIX. Did I tell you I hate UNIX. I know I'm opening up a flame war but I won't even argue after this. Most people don't even know you can be on a local LAN and be dialed into your ISP at at the saem time and do multiple tasks that way. Why'd I mention it? because you can only accomplish this through DOS OK, I'm babling now. Anyway some new trivia for you

Dave
                            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

On the air conditioner subject:

Many modern air conditioners, especially the more powerful ones, will in fact spike the line they are on right to the edge. What this means is:

1. No power strips or extension cords.
                              2. It may need to be the ONLY thing on the circuit.
                              3. It DEFINITELY needs to be the only thing on that outlet.

- Gurm
                              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                              If only life were as easy as you
                              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                              If only life were as easy as you
                              I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                              X