Don't let this happen to your PIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't let this happen to your PIII

At least he didn't blame this on his new video card drivers. Although I know a few people that are ready to do this to their G200.
    Matt

------------------
    Yes, I am serious and don't call me Shirley

Holy Cow,

Have you been plugging your processor into the light socket again? So what is the story?

------------------
    -Joe

PII-350(392), Mystique-G200, 256MRam, Plextor SCSI CD-ROM, HP7110 Burner, ADSL, blah blah blah

Comment

I guess some guy ruined his processor and sent it in to Kyle over at www.hardocp.com and he got wicked with it.
      Matt

Comment

Well, not quite a P3, but when I took the hammer to it, they where still worth something

It doesn't take a very hard hit either...

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 07-04-99).]
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

LOL

burn baby ... BURN !

Nice piccies

------------------
          Cheers,
          Maggi

Asus P2B-S @ 112MHz FSB * Celeron300A @ 504MHz
          Heavily boosted by the Millenium G400 32MB SGRAM DualHead

Comment

well i didn't take a hammer to mine but i 1 cut and filed off all the pins on a p133 then 2 i drilled a nice hole in one corner and 3 attached my keys to it.

hehe (use a nice massionary bit)

------------------
            waiting for g400 to show up can be painfull. i don't have a warped mind do i?

noel

[This message has been edited by merchant2 (edited 07-05-99).]

Comment

Poser Good idea though.

Now, let me see you do that with a Xeon (+ case)

Cheers

Comment

that keyring would be a little heavy, don'tya think?

------------------
                Cheers,
                Steve
                It's Only A Graphics Card!
                (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

well those aren't quite ng yet and i dont own one but past key chains that were upgraded. have been

1 the first key chain i made was a amd 486 66 dx2

2 amd k5 133

3 intel p100 (my brotherinlaw's)

4 intel p133

5 cyrex p166 what a bad idea that was. :O

6 intel mmx p233 (almost it was rescued and installed in a bud's system when i found out he had a cyrex 166 in thire also gave him 2 32meg micron 10ns sdram chip's (to replace 24 meg of edo simms.) better soun
                  d card sb32 pnp
                  4 gig udma hard drive (over his 2.1 wd) but i made him buy the v3 2000 pci)no agp port in that board of his and i didn't have one lieing around.

most of the intell chips were from systems i built or upgraded for people. i now have a 300a sitting on a shelf that will do 450 but that is going to be used in one of my other systems.

------------------
                  waiting for g400 to show up can be painfull. i don't have a warped mind do i?

noel

[This message has been edited by merchant2 (edited 07-05-99).]

Comment

Doesnt everybody have old chips as keychains? My current keychains that I have made from old CPU's are a 6502, 68020, 68040, 386, 387 ( Gawd I hated that machine), Cyrix 586, PPro 180Mhz, 8MB laptop DIMM, MIPS R4600 and the jewel of the crown, MIPS R10000 (looong story involving a SGI Origin 2000, 2 helpers that had no clue, some poorly installed air conditioning and a fire extinguisher).

Hell, if I opened up all my old comps and tore out the cpu's there would be more, but these still work

P.S.

For those wondering what the 6502 is, it's the old CPU in the Commodore 64's
                    A computer is like sex. Your never 100% sure what your doing but when all goes well, it feels REAL good.

Comment

I bet you hated the cyrix more! I know I do!

------------------
                      Cheers,
                      Steve
                      It's Only A Graphics Card!
                      (But a damn good 'un!)

Comment

comador 64 wow i had one of those, brings back some good memory's.... the first junky game you everplayed. the first doctors note you forged to get you out of school.

------------------
                        Waiting for g400 to show up, while i go slowly insane. I don't have a warped mind do i?

noel

Comment

Working...
                        X