Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting for the G400 Max - What Else to Do? (A Bit Off Topic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for the G400 Max - What Else to Do? (A Bit Off Topic)

Well, while waiting for my new G400Max (Which I've had on order since May 24th - unfortunately, not from Matrox! ) I've done some reworking around home. I had been essentially given a PII-350, and decided to make the jump from AMD/SS7 to PII/Slot1. Switched to an ABit BX-6 Rev 2.0 and have been blown away by the stability, even when running my PC100 mem @ 129Mhz, and my AGP bus @ 86.8Mhz (2/3 divider). Well, I just happened to have some money burning a hole in my pocket, right next to the cash spent for the G400Max, so I ordered me a PIII-450 - hoping for 580.5Mhz.. That should light a fire under the big old M....

Downloaded the new PD5 - no problems whatsoever.... 3DMark 99 Max - results...

640x480 16bit - 3683, 4513
    800x600 16bit - 3006, 4511

Q3Test plays like a champ, and no crashes, hiccups, burps or unsightly sweat stains...

Anyone else planning the major upgrades to force feed the new M lotsa whatever they's called? (M/Texels, Pixels, Polygons, Triangles, ..... You get the idea)

Anyone pre-ordering their Athlon based mobo? I hear they may be shipping "SOON" Sorry, couldn't resist... It should be interesting to see what shakes loose once AMD and the NI (non-Intel) crew let some of their new toddlers go off into the real world....

Sorry for the long post, I tend to ramble on from time to time and boy, look at the time... Time to run..

See Ya!!!
    Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
    - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
    - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
    - 6.1 Digital Audio
    - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
    - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
    - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
    - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
    - LS120 IDE Floppy
    - Zip 100 IDE
    - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
    - NEC FE950
    - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

I ordered an Abit BP6 w/ twin 400MHz Celery chips which I hope to OC to 498. W2K dual processor Q3A gaming, here I come ;-)

It still won't beat your PIII though but it's lots of bang for the buck :-)

Comment

Guyver,

While waiting for your G400 here's what you do..
      1-Take a nice vacation to the tropics.
      2-go fishing
      3-drink drink drink
      4-2 to 3 weeks later (depends on how much fun you had) you come home and vioala
      they'll be a G400 waiting for you
      instead

Regards,
      Elie

[This message has been edited by Elie (edited 07-03-99).]

Comment

How about while waiting just save up for that new monitor you have kept your eye on. By the time you save up and actually buy it, the G400's will be available and affordable.
        Matt

Comment

i took apart my custom desk and added a few things 1 a monitor swing arm off to the left of my main monitor (for dual head) rased up my center monitor support 2 inches and installed a second keyboard tray/keyboard. mounted my frunt speakers to the sides of my main monitor. moved my sub to the floor under my desk (it was under the monitor in a hole i had cut in the desk top for it) screwed my peddals into the floor so they cant move even when i kick them. rearanged some hardware in my 3 systems memory drives ect....

oh ya been posting here and downloading stuff to clean up my registry in preperation for g400 reg.

ordered anew cue stick 200.00 for cue 100 for case. oh ya that hasn't come yet either. and the 7 foot slate pool table is 5 days late and counting, dam delivery guys are behind a week. don't you hate waiting...........

------------------
          waiting for g400 to show up can be painfull. i don't have a warped mind do i?

noel

Comment

Working...
          X