MAX Delay, My opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAX Delay, My opinion

After spending a day tossing what to do back and forth, checking benchmarks, comparing prices, looking at the visual quality of EMBM etc, I finally just went and ordered an OEM 16MB G400. This will tide me over nicely until the MAX is released, when I can upgrade with no fuss, assuming I need to. Interestingly enough, I investigated the Hurcules Ultra, but the expected shipping date was..., you guessed it, 09/09/99!! So not much point in that, and where's the Voodoo 3 3500!? This way I get all the quality at a bargain price, and in a couple of months, I can decide if the MAX is worth the extra bickies. For those of you that pre-ordered, I really feel for you, but as Ant says, you shouldn't really order something that hasn't even been made yet. Can you cancel your pre-orders, and get your money back? I'll check back here with my impressions, but a quick questioon to the BetzBoyz, will the G400 be quicker with the new PD released on the FTP site, or the drivers on the disc?

You might want to check out the new version of Powerstrip for it's overclocking abilities. The G400s are looking very overclockable, you might not need that MAX

Comment

Working...
    X